Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, let me thank everyone that has been helping me out. You guys are kick ass. Second, let me take my punishment and say that I have a c&l MAF. :facepalm: I unplugged it and it ran fine. No surging/stalling. Pro M 80mm is on the way.

·
Watch n learn
876 Posts
Glad to hear youmthink its figured out, but unplugging the maf doesn't really prove anything as it changes a lot of running parameters. Hopefully that solves it though.
also, C+L doesn't use their own sensors, you use your stock one in their housing with sample tube.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Ick... Even if that isn't your true issue, it certainly doesn't hurt to make it disappear. I came across mine in the basement the other day from about ten years ago. I better get that bitch listed and sold quick before the market is flooded with them, hahahaha. And as a thank you, you could let us all take turns beating on your car, I mean tires, I mean drive it to church. :naughty:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad to hear youmthink its figured out, but unplugging the maf doesn't really prove anything as it changes a lot of running parameters. Hopefully that solves it though.
also, C+L doesn't use their own sensors, you use your stock one in their housing with sample tube.
I thought unplugging the maf was one of the troubleshooting steps for surging idle? Either way, can't go wrong with the pro m. Ill keep my fingers crossed that it is the culprit.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ick... Even if that isn't your true issue, it certainly doesn't hurt to make it disappear. I came across mine in the basement the other day from about ten years ago. I better get that bitch listed and sold quick before the market is flooded with them, hahahaha. And as a thank you, you could let us all take turns beating on your car, I mean tires, I mean drive it to church. :naughty:
Ha Ha! She doesn't like going slow anyway!

·
Watch n learn
876 Posts
I thought unplugging the maf was one of the troubleshooting steps for surging idle? Either way, can't go wrong with the pro m. Ill keep my fingers crossed that it is the culprit.
Not really, it will be recognized by the computer and force it into safe mode, which will make it run rich and not monitor the 02s and what not. It's not a great indicator of a failure, but it can be accurate depending on the symptoms. If I was to diagnose it I would first try tapping it with the handle of a screwdriver and so if it changes. If not I'd take it out and clean the sensors wires with carb cleaner spray and air dry it-don't touch the sensor wires.
Sorry to be a downer, but hopefully that fixes it for you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts