Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today i noticed that my front wheels dont really spin to freely. Last time i had my brakes done, i left the shop and when i hit the brake and let off it SNATCHED to the right as if my caliper didnt let off. Then it did it again and then never again. Well while my car is on jackstands, i used my foot to spin the tire and it does NOT spin freely very well. I can make a vid if needed. Shouldnt it just spin easily? Its definitely not doing that. Calipers staying engaged? What ya think? Im going to go take the tire off and check it out.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
one spins better than the other but still its grabbing. My right one is very tough and the left is not much better.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,541 Posts
It sounds like you definitely have a sticking caliper. Take it apart and lub the sliders.

I had one freeze up so bad that I couldn't get the sliders free with a hammer. I had to buy a new bracket.

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Check the slides. If one is seized up take the bracket off, throw it in a vice, heat it it up with a torch, then grab the square top part of the slide and wiggle it back and forth with some pliers. Itll come loose sooner or later. Then pull it out and clean the side off the best you can, same with the hole it goes in, then lube it up really well with some bearing grease and put it back together.

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
my calipers froze on mine too.. i took them apart and they were done for so i bought some cobra brakes. it was a very worthy investment, you need that extra stopping power with that new motor. i got my setup used but with new rotors and low miles off of an 03 mach 1, paid 300 for the whole setup minus the rear rotors.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
The caliper is sticking.

Dissunassssembleremoveapart everything, and put this on the sliders

Or, the piston could be sticking in the caliper bore.

In which case, you sir, are ****ed! Sell the car, leave your girlfriend and send her to me.

Or, go buy a new caliper.

Don't forget to squeeze your hose before you disconnect the brake line flex hose from the caliper.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol zip... yeah im going to check it out in just a bit. Ill let you know what i find. That may be why my alignment is perfect yet the car will pull slightly at times.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
but the left one doesnt spin much better. While it is up on the jack, it should be free spinning like crazy yet im lucky to get a turn and a half.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
<---agree's with everyone else on it being a stuck caliper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.