Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
problem with my diablo tuner.

well where to start.The problem is i just got some wheels and tires installed.Im trying to go in and change the rotation per mile.Ive done this more than once and know how to do it.I even did this bout 2 weeks ago.What hapeens is i go thru all the steps to change the parameter i want.Then i go to install tune and it says to turn the ignition on.I do and press continue.Then instead of going to the writing vehicle screen it say (did not see the ignition tun on) then it asks if i did and it has the continue icon.I press it and it says turn off then on.I do and it says could not install tune.I checked for codes and none.I switch it to moniter mode and it does that just fine.I can see everything running but the problem above happens again when i try to put in the tune again.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
I don't think anyone has chimed in because they don't have an answer for you. I have a Diablo but don't have a clue to why you are having issues. I've never had any problems. I would think that it is an issue with the tuner itself though, but I'm guessing. Maybe check out the Predator Forum on the Diablo site. Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I agree with 07 go to their forum or give them a call. I have the same tuner, no problems.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I had this same problem with my Diablo tuner a few years ago. Look in the tuner's 0BD2 plug and make sure all of the metal connectors are sticking out the same length. I had to unscrew the connector cover and reposition one of the wire terminals and use some 5 minute epoxy to keep it in place, then screw the connector cover back on. It's never happened again. You may not have this problem, but that's exactly what mine was doing whenever I tried to install a tune. It would say ''did not see ignition turn on'' or some **** like that. Take a look.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I wish I could help but I have an sct.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well it doesnt come apart.its all kinda molded and i dont see how it would slip out.But in the pic you can see 2 prongs in the middle out a little more than the rest.I dont know if its always been that way.I have the CL7140.Anyone with one or a newer model check to see if its the same.

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
i went thru this twice. the softwarew got corrupted.

All the pins DO NOT NEED TO BE THE SAME LENGTH. 2 need to be out further like in that pic up there.

I spent a week with diablo sport before giving up and buying a new tuner...

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
and to add...be carefull with the tech support, they try to rush you thru a bunch of steps and the girl walking me thru all this actually messed up my tuner MORE than before.....hope this helps

·
MM.s Used Car Whore
3,925 Posts
yeah your programmer got screwed up... my diablo was perfect... my buddys sct did same thing they had to swap programmers an give him a new one! :D

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
i hope he doesint...for a while there i wanted a hurricane to rip thru Diablosport down there in florida.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Where did you buy the Diablo?

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
well where to start.The problem is i just got some wheels and tires installed.Im trying to go in and change the rotation per mile.Ive done this more than once and know how to do it.I even did this bout 2 weeks ago.What hapeens is i go thru all the steps to change the parameter i want.Then i go to install tune and it says to turn the ignition on.I do and press continue.Then instead of going to the writing vehicle screen it say (did not see the ignition tun on) then it asks if i did and it has the continue icon.I press it and it says turn off then on.I do and it says could not install tune.I checked for codes and none.I switch it to moniter mode and it does that just fine.I can see everything running but the problem above happens again when i try to put in the tune again.
Do yourself a favor and call c&l and or diablo like i said in the PM. You paid for support use it.

Dont try some fix someone online told you, are they going to buy you a new predator if the fix messes it up?

Number is on homepage.

C&L Performance
Lets see the title says "rich" take a look. HMM. and I responded that he should call C&L becuase tune/tuner support came with the purchase.

Take a wild shot in the dark.
Tell him what he's won Bob.

"Thats why you are who you are. You got a gift my freind you gotta ****ing gift."

Guess that movie.
you are too easy!

This why noone should buy from you; smartass comments like that after someone uses you as a vendor; your best selling point is,or WAS, customer service...

If you'd acted that way with some people, you would have had problems. And you soon will...

THIS is why myself, and many others have stopped business with you.

Smartass comments like that, after someone spends their hard earned money with YOU.

Im sure it will be his last.

YOU really are THAT stupid!

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Nowhere was I smart with him. Just you asshole.

I knew why you ask the question.

Im the smartass? No you are and it just pissed you off when you get it back.

Just like your comment about which springs did mickey buy. Like I am suppose to remember which springs a guy bought last year?

Fact is the guy has a warranty and he isn't qualified to fix this himself. If he was he wouldn't be on MM asking questions. That is reality. If he breaks it, are you or Anthony going to replace it.

He needs to make one simple phone call and get the problem resolved.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts