Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have an oddity hapening in my 99 GT Vert. Sometimes the Speedo drops out, along with that, the odo/trip display will show "------------". The trip reset button does nothing in this situation. When this happens, the Traction Control "OFF" lights up. All other gages, and instrumentation still seem to be fine. The car runs fine, etc...

I can pull over, turn the car off, turn the key and start it up again and continue on my way with everything working again. Its really strange.

Its done it twice in the last week or so. It would be a heck of a lot easier to figure out what is going on and fix if the darn thing will just STAY BROKEN!

You guys have any ideas about this?

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have an oddity hapening in my 99 GT Vert. Sometimes the Speedo drops out, along with that, the odo/trip display will show "------------". The trip reset button does nothing in this situation. When this happens, the Traction Control "OFF" lights up. All other gages, and instrumentation still seem to be fine. The car runs fine, etc...

I can pull over, turn the car off, turn the key and start it up again and continue on my way with everything working again. Its really strange.

Its done it twice in the last week or so. It would be a heck of a lot easier to figure out what is going on and fix if the darn thing will just STAY BROKEN!

You guys have any ideas about this?
sounds like you have some ittermitten connections, step 1 checking fuses, step 2 you can pull out the gauges and test them, if that's all good then you'll have to check the wiring... gonna be a PITA...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like I'm not going to do anything until something stays broken in order to find what to fix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts