Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers side carpet had a pool of water in it and the tranny tunnel had water on it as well. like the water is soming in behind the dash. any one ever have this problem? it's my 1989 Mustang GT

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
If its coming from behind the dash it could be your heater core. :dunno

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
I would check the windshield seal first and then check the weatherstripping around the doorframe. What we always used to do when we were trying to track down a leak was to put a garden hose on the roof and let the water run down the windshield. With it running check inside to see if you can see where it's coming from. It might be tough to trace with the sound deadning on the firewall. I've never had experience with this on a fox so I have no idea where they are prone to leak, I couldn't tell you where would be a good place to start looking.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would check the windshield seal first and then check the weatherstripping around the doorframe. What we always used to do when we were trying to track down a leak was to put a garden hose on the roof and let the water run down the windshield. With it running check inside to see if you can see where it's coming from. It might be tough to trace with the sound deadning on the firewall. I've never had experience with this on a fox so I have no idea where they are prone to leak, I couldn't tell you where would be a good place to start looking.
hmmm good Idea with the water hose, I never thought about that.

I'm thinking it's either the windshield or the cowl vent between the windshield and the back of the hood.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts