Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the lowering springs and camber plates to the shop. I THOUGHT..they knew what they were doing...it turns out I was wrong. They had absolutely no idea what to do with the stuff I gave them. They said " well, we are kinda confused, and don't really understand...the springs require some cutting and drilling..." ........what? haha

Anyways, I'm really confused. Obviously these guys are idiots, and I live on a small island in Canada. I don't think I'm gonna have much luck around here... lol. I thought about taking it to Ford.

How hard would it be to install the springs/camber plates myself? Along with someone else to help me out. Would it be very difficult? Has anyone ever tried to install these themselves? This option would save me some money, and I can't see how it would hurt; but if it's very difficult, I probably won't bother trying.

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
It's not hard to do them yourself. I'm sure you can find a walk thru on google.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Simple stuff, but you will have to get an alignment and it sounds like those folks are the people you do not need to take it to to get it aligned lol.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys

·
Registered
131 Posts
I concur. If you have the money, do the struts too unless you plan on going with Coil overs sometime soon.

·
SlowFiveOh
2,370 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I was thinking I should do a couple other suspension upgrades if I install these springs myself. Shocks,struts, control arms, etc. I don't really know how much more difficult those things are compared to springs, but I'd like to do what I can while I'm doing the springs...makes sense.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
the struts are a cake walk. You already basically have them out except for 2 bolts.

Control arms and the K member can be a bigger task though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts