Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have an 06 Gt and I just installed a catless x-pipe and bought a tune from American Muscle w/ custom tunes. I already had a JLT series 1 CAI and muffler delete. Ever since putting on the tune my car idles rough (if it doesn't die on startup), it accelerates and shifts very poorly, and is constantly crackling and popping out the exhaust at cruising speed. I can't remember what code numbers I pulled, but they were for too much gas being read by the 02 sensors. I am wondering if this is just a bad tune that needs to be revised or if now with the tune the exhaust has no way to scavenge with no mufflers or cats now. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
Hey guys, I have an 06 Gt and I just installed a catless x-pipe and bought a tune from American Muscle w/ custom tunes. I already had a JLT series 1 CAI and muffler delete. Ever since putting on the tune my car idles rough (if it doesn't die on startup), it accelerates and shifts very poorly, and is constantly crackling and popping out the exhaust at cruising speed. I can't remember what code numbers I pulled, but they were for too much gas being read by the 02 sensors. I am wondering if this is just a bad tune that needs to be revised or if now with the tune the exhaust has no way to scavenge with no mufflers or cats now. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue. Any help is appreciated.

You need to get away from the AM/Bama tune. They can't tune for ****. Try Manuel (Lito) MDS www.tudyno.com , he is the 3valve tuning guru of the world. He's out of South America but is probably the best remote tuner around. If you want someone closer to home I would go with Lund or VMP, but definitely get away from Bama tuning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts