Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone.. or joe if you're around..

i finally got my car together. i had some issues getting my tunes from the computer onto the tuner but eventually i got it. i plugged the tuner into the car and selected to load custom tune. i selected the tune file and followed the instructions. after i press "program" it tells me to turn on the key but do not start vehicle. so i do. the fan comes on for about a half second then turns off. the theft light flashes fast for a few minutes then turns off. theres no progress bar on the Xcal III or anything like that, the screen still just says turn key on but do not start vehicle. its been like this for at least a half hour now but it seems like its not doing anything. i tried cancelling and starting over but it does the same thing. anyone know whats up?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
? try reloading tune from your computer maybee? You pull you pump fuse? Orobably has nothing to do with it but a reminder

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i didn't pull the pump fuse.. the pump only cycles for a sec then it turns off i don't think thats whats doing it.. i've never had the problem before. this is the first time i've used the xcal III though.. on the diablo and x2 it shows a status bar.. could the car not having the stock tune have something to do with it? i had some issues with my last tuner and he deleted my stock tune off my tuner and it was lost.. so we made the custom tune that was on the car the "stock" one.. maybe this is the problem but i don't know.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
No, shouldnt be the issue because your new tune shoud be replacing the old one completely. I would try reloading the tune from you comp

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i figured it out.. i had to update the firmware on the tuner. the tune needs some tweaking but she sounds like a beast!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts