Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
85 GT convertible
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you know I just got the vert and it's my daily driver. It's not heating very well. I think is has a 160 degree thermostat, and it might be stuck open. I attempted to change it but ran into a bunch of things. I found the radiator slightly leaking and couldn't get the therm housing bolts to budge. I refilled the radiator and will continue driving it.

The left side of my body is a mess and I'm in treatment. I get epidurals, triger point injections. I'm on muscle relaxers, and two strong pain meds. I won't go into it a further but I'm telling you this because I need help. Does anybody know of a local member or mechanic that can help me out in Toledo, Ohio? I'm begining to think I should have not bought this as my daily but hope after a few repairs that I can drive ths thing until I heal a little better. Thanks in advance for any info I can get.

Jerry

·
85 GT convertible
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have family close by but no one with mechanic skills. I'll be greatful if Jfish can help. I'll try to borrow a car somewhere so I can take the time on this car. I plan to buy another fox between 89 and 92 5 speed so I can have a spare to drive. That will take awhile....lol I'm broke because I can't work overtime very well.

Jerry

·
procrastinationist
706 Posts
Hey, first off, thanks to FastStang for PMing me this link (reps to you, my friend). Jerry, I'll PM you my number and we can go from there.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Very stand up move! Hopefully you don't mind me suggesting you, as it doesn't seem like it should be too terrible of a task to donate a little time to. But we all know how bolts can go sometimes, lol. Anyway, hopefully he's not some jackass or something and you don't hate me for life. I was recently out in San Diego and had the opportunity to finally meet RyanW and Pushrod91 face to face and hang out with them. One cool thing about this forum, there are people everywhere.

·
procrastinationist
706 Posts
I don't mind a bit. I haven't heard from him yet, but I'm sure I will. I used to be a member of an online Jeep community (Jeeps are my other vehicle passion) and got to meet some pretty cool guys through it. My favorite was when a guy I'd gotten to know from San Diego bought a truck in New Jersey, flew out there and did a cross-country drive back. He spent a couple days at my house in Kansas and we became pretty good friends. My wife wasn't all that thrilled with having a stranger staying in the house, but he was cool. He even helped me build a swing set for my kid while he was there. I know, cool story bro, but I'm just saying you can meet some pretty cool people who have the same hobbies this way.

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,798 Posts
I don't mind a bit. I haven't heard from him yet, but I'm sure I will. I used to be a member of an online Jeep community (Jeeps are my other vehicle passion) and got to meet some pretty cool guys through it. My favorite was when a guy I'd gotten to know from San Diego bought a truck in New Jersey, flew out there and did a cross-country drive back. He spent a couple days at my house in Kansas and we became pretty good friends. My wife wasn't all that thrilled with having a stranger staying in the house, but he was cool. He even helped me build a swing set for my kid while he was there. I know, cool story bro, but I'm just saying you can meet some pretty cool people who have the same hobbies this way.
Where is your place in kansas? if you dont mind my asking

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
My wife was a little nervous meeting up with those guys as well, but I've been talking to Ryan on here for over 2 years. She was worried they could be axe murderers or something and Ryan's wife was worried that she might have to spend the day with a couple of douche's. My wife just wanted to make sure that we drove seperate when we went to Pushrod91's house in case we needed to bail. Hahahaha

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
My wife was a little nervous meeting up with those guys as well, but I've been talking to Ryan on here for over 2 years. She was worried they could be axe murderers or something and Ryan's wife was worried that she might have to spend the day with a couple of douche's. My wife just wanted to make sure that we drove seperate when we went to Pushrod91's house in case we needed to bail. Hahahaha
:lmao good times. Cant wait for you and your wife to come out again

·
procrastinationist
706 Posts
I recently mentioned to my wife that I was going to be making a trek to Dayton to meet up with nxcoupe as I am buying some parts from him. Her first response was, "please don't bring anyone home to stay with us." THAT WAS 12 YEARS AGO!?! Women don't forget.

·
85 GT convertible
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey guys. I PMed Jafish. I'm glad he is really close for being a national forum. Thanks for all the replies and help. Don't get me wrong, I don't feel sorry for myself, and I'll work at getting better. I guess I got this car because I don't want to just exist, I wanna live. This car and forum is turning out awesome for info. Thanks everyone.

Jerry

·
procrastinationist
706 Posts
Thanks again to FastStang for the info. I spoke to Jerry on the phone this morning and we will be setting up a work day as soon as he has all the parts (thermostat and radiator).

·
85 GT convertible
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes Faststang, thanks for the set up. Jafish is pretty cool. I think we will even have alittle fun with this thing. Ill keep checking the radiator. If it holds up I might order the 2 core aluminum one, and an electric fan. Thanks again guys.

Jerry

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Glad I could help. It's part of the same reason I donate my old stock, not really valuable, parts to people that need them as long as they pay shipping. Helping a fellow member out is a far better feeling than making a couple bucks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts