Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have a 94 gt that i havnt driven in a year or so because of school and what not but im getting back into it finally but i have a few problems, its a hci 306 with a 190 fuel pump 24 lb injectors 5 speed swap ect. One is that i have a really bad vibration in the shifter around 90 mph and up, i noticed that one of my wheel bearings is starting to make noise but i would think that would be more in the steering wheel if it was that.

second i got it tuned awhile back and the injectors were running at like 95 % duty cycle so he suggested i just went to 42 lb/ hr and a lightning MAF but it doesnt seem like anyone has these anymore, i plan on eventualy having around 550 to the wheels mayb a bit less with a 331 on boost, so would 42s support that or could i go to 60's but then it would probably be too big for my current 300hp set up right?

sorry for ranting but all help is awesome

thanks
cory

·
902 Posts
yes 60lb injectors would be over kill for your setup right now, but if you get it tuned again im sure they would work ok on your current setup untill you boost it. Vibration in the shifter i would check U-joints first. As for the wheel bearings drive down a relatively straight/smooth road and swerve slowly. If when you turn right it makes more noise or gets louder its your front left wheel bearing. If when you turn left it gets louder its your right front wheel bearing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so its possible my 24s are just too small, everyone on mustangforums.com just wont listen and keep telling me they can support 350-400 hp

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
U Joints, driveshaft balance?

lightning maf is a 90mm and always for sale on ebay. I bid on one a few weeks ago

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
so its possible my 24s are just too small, everyone on mustangforums.com just wont listen and keep telling me they can support 350-400 hp
24lb injectors will support something like 375-380 at the fly. They will support most HCI 3" stroke engines, but it really depends on your combo. What is your HCI? What other supporting mods do you have?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stock block .030" over
Federal Mogul Forged piston 10:1 compression rebuild kit
ARP connecting rod bolts and head bolts
trick flow top end kit
bbk Ceramic shorties with stage 8 locking bolts
frpp 9mm wires
bbk cai
summit 70mm tb
Gernatti MAF
Frpp 24# injectors
Kirbun FRP
smog pump delete
Flowmaster American thunder cat back
BBK o/r h-pipe
Trick flow elbow and 1 inch spacer
190lph fuel pump
180 thermostat

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
^^ you would think with your combo that 24lb would work...Hmmmmm

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
looks like you'll be in the market for some 30lb....

Have you had your combo dyno tuned, whats your horse power ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i wanna say it was like 275-290 somewhere in there, he didnt go into the tune at all because he said it was pointless without being about to add more fuel

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Are you sure they're 24lb injectors? That sounds more like 19# injectors than 24's. You shouldn't be at 95% duty cycle with 24's at that power level.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
what color are your fuel injectors ?

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Are you sure they're 24lb injectors? That sounds more like 19# injectors than 24's. You shouldn't be at 95% duty cycle with 24's at that power level.
exactly what I was thinking.. I've had two cars with the track heat tfs top end kit on them and both cars had 24lb injectors and had plenty left in them. They weren't close to being static.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
the research Ive done states the cream color injectors are 17lb and the white top are 19lb. so i don't think the ones you have are 24lb. i did come across a thread where some one else thought there white top injectors were 24lb but it was not proven, soooooo just pick your self up some blue top injectors and that will guaranty that you have 24lb. Ill be selling mine soon

Ford Fuel Injectors by Color [Archive] - CentralStreetScene.Org

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok so i guess there tan, i ran the numbers, f5te-c1a, and there 24 pounders out of a truck, so that shouldnt be the problem, you wouldnt think id be maxing these out

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
I just re-read your first post. Your tuner is probably the problem. He's recommending 42's for a 306 H/C/I. Are you just relying on what he told you that they're at 95% duty cycle? I would take the car somewhere else.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts