Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a local performance shop said that you can get the same belt at a o'riellys auto parts or napa or auto zone etc. is this true. he said sumthin bout measuring what size belt you need with string. Possible? what about the oil?

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Get the numbers off the belt and find a replacement of the same size.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
yeah you can get the belt from any parts store...provided it is the standard 6 rib configuration...dunno where to get the belt if you ever upgrade to the 8 rib. you can use a string to measure it, but it may not be accurate. if its just the standard pulley (8 psi) your belt size should be 108"...it will be an extremely tight fit and gonna take some work to get it on...ive ran a 110" belt in the past, but there is some slippage issues with it.

As for oil...if your talking about the procharger itself, you need to run the oil sold by procharger. they sell a kit on their website, or take a look and see if there is a local vendor. its $21 for a 4 pack of oil. Call this number to see if there is an authorized vendor near you 913-338-2886

Also did this kit come with installation instructions?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah there is a vender in my town i found out today! Dude, check this out... he gets his tunes from dallasmustangDOTcom. He said that as soon as i get it on, bring it over there along with a list of every mod and he will get a tune for me. like 5-10 min. away. and he said i could drive it on that tune with no problem and that it would be up to me if i wanted to get it dyno tuned. He says the guy tunes cars to run very safe! he stressed very safe! GOOD!

My instructions are on the way from procharger. what is the standard pulley size? the pulley has 3 6 0 wrote on it i believe. Kit is at the shop.

The guy at the procharger vender in town stressed that i should go with a catback system to aid in getting rid of that air that im blowing in the motor. he suggested borla. Im already spending alot of money and if its not definately needed i would rather wait and do it later. I do have the cats removed already so that should help.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
my xcal2 came with a basic tune from dallasmustang...i deleted that pos tune, so i'm glad to hear you found someone local!

You will be very happy with the results if ya spend the extra couple dollars on a catback system...it will really help free everything up. I wouldnt say it is needed though...it might be needed if you want the hp numbers you were after.

you can check out the classifieds here or on The Corral - Home nothing wrong with buying a used exhaust as long as its not rusted out.

I think the 3.6 is a standard size, cant remember for sure. smaller the pulley faster it will spin, more boost you get.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that pos tune? that makes me feel good. hahaha ... As long as it will run to get me to baton rouge i dont care!!!!!! ill delete that pos tune also.

hey bro i dont know how to post a link so go to ebaymotors and type in
"Borla 2.5 mustang" Look at that used kit and tell me what you think. Youll see it. Looks kinda rough but????

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cat back meaning it bolts up right after the cats huh? problem... mine are cut out with pipe welded in. so it would probably be a lil louder huh? i would have to weld it up. no problem. anyway woud that be plenty for the numbers im going for? it sounds really good the way it is with just the cats off. i may leave it like it is for a while.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
yes cat back means after cats...you would have to cut off the flange and bolt it up....yes it would be a little louder...but if your going to go that far, i would recommend either a better h pipe or x pipe (mid pipe) and then the rest of the cat back stuff.

For now, go with what you have...it will be fine. Here is my list of things you should do next....

upgrade the procharger idler pulley to a reichard racing pulley (a must, that one they provide is garbage)
suspension...not just springs...subframe connectors, k member, control arms, shocks struts...all the rest will depend on if you want to run on the strip or road course.
forged internals
long tube headers and supporting exhaust
upgrade to d1sc
cobra tank upgrade
up the boost

probably forgetting stuff...but hey modding is never done till you no longer have the car.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
oh and when you get the dyno tune done...make sure the printout has the a/f chart on the bottom...and if you can, see if they can email the chart to you so you can post it on here. we can tell you real quick if its a good tune or not.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
aight sounds good. im already going to get a bigger fuel pump to go with the maf and injectors. ill have to sell my truck to get all those goodies and thats a no can do!! haha that beast is my baby. ima try to post a pic of it. gotta go play golf later bro!

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
seriously skip on that packaged tune bullshit. everycar runs differently than the other cars with the same mods. be careful if you do that. sire some people get away with it, but others have brokin motors because of it. if your gonna spend the cash to s/c your car then whats another 5-600 bux to get it tuned correctly.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah im still thinking bout just trailering it that 4 hours, get it tuned, and then bring it back. i would be very unhappy if something happened to it!!

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
this work? guess not.... how do you put a pic in here? the picture is in "my pictures". what is URL?

·
Registered
575 Posts
seriously skip on that packaged tune bullshit. everycar runs differently than the other cars with the same mods. be careful if you do that. sire some people get away with it, but others have brokin motors because of it. if your gonna spend the cash to s/c your car then whats another 5-600 bux to get it tuned correctly.

I agree 100% with you

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I still have to argue the tune...the only difference between a street tune and a dyno is that a dyno is a controlled environment. everything else gets datalogged the same (provided all sensors are setup properly), then all numbers are plugged into the computer to figure out what changes need to be done....they dont tune as they dyno tune, the shut the car down and then reconfigure the tune.

With that said, if you do not know what to look for then yes a street tune can be a very dangerous idea. You'd blow a boosted motor real quick if you didn't know 15:1 was a bad thing at wot.

but everyone has their own ideas on the best way to tune a car...more than one way to skin a cat kind of thing.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dude..... but there is only one way to skin a ****. ha.... Got one tonight too. **** climbed an old rusted tractor in the woods and up into a big tree. Dog was treein the tractor. haha

1 - 17 of 17 Posts