Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got my car on the dyno last week and at 5000 rpm belt started slipping and it showed only 6 pounds all the way to 6000. I called procharger they are sending me a smaller belt and smaller pulley to reach 10 pounds. Thw numbers are pretty low its at 400 rwhp. Has anybody here had this problem

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
so, you dynoed at 400rwhp, but your sig says 482?

maybe a belt tension issue?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea thats y i got it dynoed again i thought the boost guage was reading wrong but i guess its right. When i got it dyno tuned it put down 482. my tuner said a new belt and pully should do it because i was pushing 8.5 pounds before

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its not the tensioner we have adjusted it many times and no go

·
The Mustang Shop
445 Posts
Its not the tensioner we have adjusted it many times and no go
Not trying to insult you. Are you sure you are adjusting it correctly? I have never heard of a 05+ that had belt slip issues. I make 23lbs of boost with my race tune and I have never had the belt slip.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im not the one adjusting it its a procharger shop. And another guy around here had the same problem and he got a smaller belt installed and fixed the problem. Just wanted to see if anybody else has ever had this problem

·
Registered
548 Posts
Not trying to insult you. Are you sure you are adjusting it correctly? I have never heard of a 05+ that had belt slip issues. I make 23lbs of boost with my race tune and I have never had the belt slip.
^this, its a dedicated drive system so there should be no best slip at such low boost numbers

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
im at 10lbs with no slip with a vortec. if the tensioner isnt just right you have slippage. also, it could be the wrong tensioner for the belt being used and the pulley being used. the pulley and belt play a part in the tensioner.
i know you say this isnt the issue, but id relook into it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts