Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone here had a Procharger installed on their 2006 Gt, can they tell me how much they were charged?

I called around, and prices were as high as 3k, to 1800. I'm just thinking about doing it myself. What's a good price for an install? I've never had one installed for me before so I wouldn't know about prices on something like this.

·
Registered
743 Posts
If anyone here had a Procharger installed on their 2006 Gt, can they tell me how much they were charged?

I called around, and prices were as high as 3k, to 1800. I'm just thinking about doing it myself. What's a good price for an install? I've never had one installed for me before so I wouldn't know about prices on something like this.
If you think you can do it yourself I know Emay could give you some pointers...

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
They charged me $1600 to install my KB with a intercooler. I think the procharger is a more simple install.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, I thought it was a bit too much on the high end.

I guess I'll just keep looking around and if nothing looks good to me, then I'll just try and make time to do it myself.

How are you liking the KB? The KB,Procharger, and STS TT are the only things holding me back from deciding on one. I can't decide and all I'm waiting on is the choice.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
If you're looking to do it yourself, I'd stick with the procharger. And +1 on asking Emay, he's the procharger man, if I recall correctly he installed his own as well.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Main reason I'm just thinking of doing it myself if I got the procharger was because of how it has it's own oil. That's what got my attention in the first place, instead of tapping and sharing it.

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Tapping the pan for oil is a thing of the past. None of the chargers today for the s197's require it, they all converted to self contained oiling.

That said, the price you were quoted is way high. Locally here shops are charging 750 to 1000 across the board, non intercooled obviously keeps the cost lower, intercooled refrencing the higher end..

I did do mine on my own, and I've done several others for local guys. Specific to the kit, Procharger is far easier than say a KB. Mainly because you are not digging into your loom to relocate the throttle body to the rear passenger side of the car. The only wiring required is extending the wiring to the MAF sensor on the intercooled kits. 4 wires.

Wiring is not hard, but going in the loom, and pulling back what you need, then putting it back to stock look takes time. That's the main difference..

All that said, I been doing them for 600-650 out of my own home. Heavy GT's KB is a installation of mine.

Do it yourself or find a cheaper alternative.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yea, I thought it was a bit too much on the high end.

I guess I'll just keep looking around and if nothing looks good to me, then I'll just try and make time to do it myself.

How are you liking the KB? The KB,Procharger, and STS TT are the only things holding me back from deciding on one. I can't decide and all I'm waiting on is the choice.
If I was going to do a centifugal I would do the procharger. I am also considering the KB. Still deciding (maybe the whipple,sigh).

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
The procharger is a stright forward install, as emay pointed out. If you have basic knowledge of cars and have a little hands on exp. then you will be fine. I have had to install/unistall/reinstall mine so far ( getting pretty good at it now )... Do it yourself and thank me later ( or paypal me some of the money you saved )...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts