Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What should I look at when inspecting a used P1SC? I know I should check for shaft play, is ANY amount normal, even small, whether it's when pushing/pulling or if moving it side-to-side? What else should I check for? The used kit I'm checking out tomorrow also includes 42# injectors, mounting accessories, tubing, and a Core 3 air-to-air intercooler. Anything I should look for on that? Thanks!

[EDIT]

From my understanding, in/out shaft play is BAD, just not sure how much, but I believe it shouldn't move at all. Side-to-side shaft play is fine as long as it's not a lot and the blades aren't scraping. Is this correct? Can somebody answer my other questions as well? Thanks!

·
~C~, The Other White Meat!
1,623 Posts
Mine was freshly refurbished from ATI....so I never really checked the "shaft play." However, imo, I would make sure there is none. That thing spins at such a high rev that any wobble on the pulley side or the blade side could cause the belt to slip off or something else come loose and **** up the charger. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
204 Posts
From my understanding, in/out shaft play is BAD, just not sure how much, but I believe it shouldn't move at all. Side-to-side shaft play is fine as long as it's not a lot and the blades aren't scraping. Is this correct? Can somebody answer my other questions as well? Thanks![/QUOTE]

That is for turbos. My old S/C after 9 years of running had no shaft play anywhere and I don't think any should any way in out or side to side. you should look in the intercooler and the in side of the S/C and the pipes for oil to see if a seal is starting to leak. Look at the impeller of the S/C for chips or nicks like some thing blew through it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts