Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i guess i'm going to be needing a fuel pump. is an svt focus fuel pump good? also, it comes setup to run 8 psi. what do i have to do to run 10 psi. is it as simple as changing a pully?

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Svt Focus is fine to about 400rwhp. You will need the pulley, maybe a smaller belt, and a tune for the increased boost

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yeah svt pump is good fora bit, thats what i have and in a few years will prop dump it when i work on the build some more. To change from 8 -10 psi you just need to purchase a pulley from Procharger. Get it tuned right away.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so is it worth going to 10 psi boost? what fuel pumps are you guys running? and does it matter if it is an in tank or out of tank pump?

·
Registered
127 Posts
High miles id stay away from 10 psi but 8 psi and a good tune is def fun. I'm pretty sure you have an intake pump, thats what mine was, its not to hard to change just make sure before you do it you drive most the gas out.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
o ok. well mine currently has 63k on it. so the fuel pump is not that hard to swap out?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
start off with the 8 psi setup then go from there. when you see people talking about the 400 whp max number, they are talking about through a manual tranny. Manual tranny's have a lower drivetrain loss than autos do. its somewhere around 13% loss on a manual but closer to 20% loss on an auto. So 400 whp on a manual that would be about 450 crank hp...450 crank hp would be around 360 whp on an auto.

As for the fuel pump, its pretty straight forward on replacing it. Don't remember if you have to splice into the wiring or not...kind of think you dont, correct? One thing that you definately should NOT do is drill holes close to the bottom of the basket...that is a cheap bandaid fix that can cause serious problems.

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
skip the focus pump and go to the aviator or the gt pump. the focus pump is crap

1 - 10 of 10 Posts