Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what better procharger with intercooler or vortech with aftercooler im alittle scepticle about the aftercooler deal but which is better? And is a interooler or afterooler really nesecary for a street application

·
Registered
266 Posts
not necessary but you see more hp

·
Registered
400 Posts
Well I have a vortech and love it. it is non intercooled but i plan on getting one because it gets really hot in TN in the summer. Never driven it in hotter weather than 75 yet so I dont konw how it will react to heat yet. I think the main difference in the two is the oil situation. I plan on getting the intercooler TB and plenium then keep it that way for a while. Im looking to be around 450 rwhp on a stock motor. then after college build an engine.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
I'm not sure on the difference between a aftercooler and an intercooler. Both need to chill the air after the blower. An air to air intercooler is a much better option than a air to water intercooler, because there will be no heat soak. Lots of people have good luck running methanol injection instead of an intercooler on the centri style blowers. I think cooling the charge is 100% necessary, especially if you up the boost, or do sustained boost high speed runs or road racing.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
I love my Procharger. Some say the air to air intercooler is more efficient at cooling

·
Registered
400 Posts
I thought about meth but its my daily driver and I want it cool all the time and not just when i hit the switch.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Ive heard good and bad about meth. Ive heard lots of use can actually damage things :dunno but I have seen good numbers with it

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have three friends that have highly modded turbo DSMs (eclipses talons and evos) and they all have meth never had a problem with it. one of them just sold the kit because he is going E85

·
Registered
575 Posts
I love my vortech and think the after cooler is great myself.

·
Registered
339 Posts
novi 2000 with paxton intercooler,imo!!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
what is the 650 hp fuel pump dcrow?

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Well I have a vortech and love it. it is non intercooled but i plan on getting one because it gets really hot in TN in the summer. Never driven it in hotter weather than 75 yet so I dont konw how it will react to heat yet. I think the main difference in the two is the oil situation. I plan on getting the intercooler TB and plenium then keep it that way for a while. Im looking to be around 450 rwhp on a stock motor. then after college build an engine.
may i just add... since you're in college and all. I highly suggest not putting 450 on your motor until you can completely afford forged internals. 450 is right at the breaking point, and being in college and all (well actually i'm a senior in HS), i know money's tight.

i would stay around 400. Add controll arms and subframes and that 400 will feel like 450. JMO

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
i would stay around 400. Add controll arms and subframes and that 400 will feel like 450. JMO
You are definatly correct on watching the numbers...dont try and get the biggest numbers you can get...besides hp #'s are just numbers, driver is more important. 450 is a number that is achievable, but not practical...get a very safe tune that will keep you around 380 or so until you get the money to forge...300+ is more than enough to have fun on the streets.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Can you upgrade a procharger p1sc to a d1sc later if want for $500 after you already purchased a P1sc? Can you put the a f1 on same bracket as p1sc? I'm getting ready to buy a YSI trim in May which will support 1100 hp, and it with fit my S-trim braket. Can a P1sc make 600 hp on 4.6 2v, a s-trim can? Has the vortech had a lot of problems with bad seals and bearings. The answer is no

Buy the vortech, and a cheap AA IC setup for 400. There is no other entry level SC made for our cars that will out perform a S-trim vortech for the money.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts