Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me why AM doesn't put non-positive reviews (not even neutral) reviews of the products they sell on their website...

I've spent over $5000 within the last 2 months with these guys to find out some of the **** they sell is junk (a few things, less than 5%) and would have really appreciated if there were reviews that were honest, in favor of the customer, not the vendors... Isn't that what they're there for?

I know this is a fact, because I posted negative reviews for the products that sucked ass, and they were never approved...

AMNick, you're a good guy, but that's a real shitty business practice...

Makes me wanna reconsider the $2200 order that won't ship until Monday or Tuesday....

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No doubt, its ****ing dirty!

I'm the one buying ****, they should be honest with me...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
on Amazon I can post a review saying something to the effect

"no matter how you slice it, its still a piece of ****"

and they have no problem with it...

·
Registered
543 Posts
And that there is the problem with Amazon reviews. You have to weed through the garbage reviews that give no useful information whats-so-ever to find reviews that are actually informative and helpful. :D

When did you post the review? What product is it for, and have you checked recently if it was posted or not? It usually takes a few days for the reviews to go through the approval/disapproval process. It isn't going to show up instantly. But if you let me know the product I can check to see where your review stands.

Actually we will and do post negative reviews. But we do moderate what reviews make it on to our site to an extend. We try to keep our site informative and as family friendly as possible so we will not approve any review with harsh language. We will also not approve any reviews that are just blatant vendor bashing, hating, etc. and have no useful information what-so-ever.

We do not edit the reviews at all so if you want your review to be approved to appear on the site, keep it informative, useful, do not use foul language, and use correct punctuation and grammar.

Example of a review that would make it on the website: "I installed Product A body part and the fitment was slightly off. Not sure if it was a defect or if they will all come like that, but be prepared for some possible additional prep time before painting to ensure proper fitment."

Example of a review that would not make it on the website: wut the **** y'all smoking something you ***hats r worthless ****s selling this wont fit worth ****"

The other thing we do with reviews is if we see a potential actual problem with the product we forward the review to the vendor to give them a chance to correct the product. Products that receive too much negative feedback usually get discontinued quite quickly as we strive to sell the best products available.

·
Registered
978 Posts
as with the Agent 47 window ducts that got discontinued for the 99-04?

·
Registered
543 Posts
as with the Agent 47 window ducts that got discontinued for the 99-04?
Eh, not sure on that one. I don't handle the reviews personally. Agent47 products are usually top notch so not sure what the case was with them. Not everything that gets discontinued is a bad product, could be a slow seller, manufacturer discontinued, etc. too.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When did you post the review? What product is it for, and have you checked recently if it was posted or not? It usually takes a few days for the reviews to go through the approval/disapproval process. It isn't going to show up instantly. But if you let me know the product I can check to see where your review stands.
Taylor Street Thunder 8mm Mustang Spark Plug Wires (89-93 5.0) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

I didn't post that yesterday, actually quite sometime ago... Though its dated that way...

Actually we will and do post negative reviews. But we do moderate what reviews make it on to our site to an extend. We try to keep our site informative and as family friendly as possible so we will not approve any review with harsh language. We will also not approve any reviews that are just blatant vendor bashing, hating, etc. and have no useful information what-so-ever.
Funny thing is, browsing through your site, I don't see any neutral or negative review of any product! With the exception of mine above...

We do not edit the reviews at all so if you want your review to be approved to appear on the site, keep it informative, useful, do not use foul language, and use correct punctuation and grammar.
I'm not illiterate; contrary to belief, I actually have a college degree that I did not purchase on the internet! :)

My previous comment was to point out that reviews are supposed to remain biased towards the consumer; not the vendor.

Example of a review that would make it on the website: "I installed Product A body part and the fitment was slightly off. Not sure if it was a defect or if they will all come like that, but be prepared for some possible additional prep time before painting to ensure proper fitment."
I've seen those on your site, but they have 4 star ratings!

A perfect example of that is:

5.0 Mustang Cold Air Intake Kit at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

They complain about fitment, and parts missing, but its still a 5 star review...

The other thing we do with reviews is if we see a potential actual problem with the product we forward the review to the vendor to give them a chance to correct the product. Products that receive too much negative feedback usually get discontinued quite quickly as we strive to sell the best products available.
Overall I'm happy with AM. You know who I really am from past experience, and if you look, you'll see that I actually have 2 pending orders right now (haven't shipped since you guys are moving) that are valued at over $2000. If I truly had a problem, that wouldn't be the case.

A negative review isn't going to make me not want to shop with AM. Because I cannot trust the reviews on your site, I have to scour google for information, which lets me find other companies that have the same products cheaper... Why would you want potential customers to check out the cheaper competition? I called in about a price match (about $100 difference) and after 20+ minutes on the phone, I will never do that again. It was overly involved, and not worth it to me...

·
Registered
543 Posts
So...wait, I am missing something...your review is on the link you posted to our site. At least I am guessing the "dennis review" is you considering your user name and the fact that it is a negative review? I am not sure what you are complaining about then LOL. :D

You point out the CAI with some negative reviews too, but the reviewers still gave it 4 stars anyway. The Stars are selected by the customer. We can't change them. If they felt it was a still a 4-Star product despite having some minor issue that is their prerogative. Just like it was your prerogative to select 2-stars for the review you submitted. What ever star rating the customer selects is what is shown. Same goes with the review date. Not sure if that is the day it is submitted or the day it is approved, but either way we can't edit that.

I agree 100% with you that reviews should be biased toward the customer. If you browse around you will find ones that have negative reviews. But we kill off and discontinue products that get too many bad reviews which is why we have so many high ranking products...and I don't think that's a bad thing. Like I said helpful, informative, well written reviews will be approved regardless of them being 1 star or 5 stars. :drink

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So...wait, I am missing something...your review is on the link you posted to our site. At least I am guessing the "dennis review" is you considering your user name and the fact that it is a negative review? I am not sure what you are complaining about then LOL. :D
I didn't know calling out one parties dishonesty was complaining... I post this thread, and then the only negative review on your entire website appears! Must be coincidental right?

You missed my point...

I'm done... Don't worry about replying...

·
Registered
543 Posts
I didn't know calling out one parties dishonesty was complaining... I post this thread, and then the only negative review on your entire website appears! Must be coincidental right?

You missed my point...

I'm done... Don't worry about replying...
Oh really...yours is the only negative review on the website?

Pypes 409 Stainless Steel Off-Road X-pipe (99-04 GT and Cobra) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

JBA Cat4ward Shorty Headers (05-10 GT) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

I only looked in one section for a few seconds of browsing and found those, I am sure there are more all over the site.

So, I did not miss your point. You are accusing us of being dishonest for not posting negative reviews when we clearly do post negative reviews.

The proof is in the links...that is all.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
I have to agree with AMNick on this one. There are negative reviews on the site.

CoverCraft Mustang Bra (03-04 Cobra) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Thats a very indepth and detailed review on the product and he points out the flaws and the good points. So.. your just not looking hard enough.

Regardless if there is a good number of bad reviews on the site, AM stands behind their products. If you have a problem, they take care of it... so who cares if the product you buy ends up having a problem since it can be fixed very easy?

EDIT: AMNick, see if the photo department can get a pic of the 03-04 cobra bra insted of the late 90s model on that item if you can please. I want to buy one but would like to see it first.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Honestly, I think most people are too lazy/stupid to write a up good negative review. As Nick says, reviews should be informative. Most people will leave it at "this product sucks" or insult the company instead of saying what was wrong. Now that's not worth listing in the reviews.

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
And that there is the problem with Amazon reviews. You have to weed through the garbage reviews that give no useful information whats-so-ever to find reviews that are actually informative and helpful. :D
As a company (such as American Muscle), that review is worthless. It doesn't give any information on what's wrong, why it's garbage, or any information on how to make it better. To the company, it's completely worthless.

To a consumer, it's not worthless. While it's not the greatest review it is someone's opition. It does show that someone had a problem and something may be wrong w/ the product. One review like that doesn't "hold much water" so to speak. But, if a product has 10 reviews that simply say the product sucks then it tells the consumer that there's is prolly an issue. Maybe it's just cheap. Maybe it breaks. It doesn't say, so the consumer doesn't know. But they do know that there are a decent amount of people who aren't satisfied w/ their purchase.

I will say that a review stating WHY something isn't how it should be and what's wrong is a much better review. But with Amazon I know that I can glance (I don't have to weed through them) at the reviews and get a quick overall opinion of the item.

Regardless, by omitting reviews you're giving a skewed view on your products. You say you don't add reviews that say things like, "this product sucks" because they don't give any useful information. But you don't have a problem adding 5 star reviews that give no useful information like:

"Awesome Product!"
"This is a must for any SN-95 Mustang"
"Makes your car look tuff!"
"This is a big dif!! in the frunt end. Makes it look pissed off lol."
"Excellence Buy"

These are the exact opposite of "this product sucks" (see last example) but you don't post the negatives. If you're trying to give honest reviews of your products and you're not showing the "useless" negatives, you shouldn't show the "useless" positives.

Nick, you can take what I'm saying as a consumer or leave it. I could care less. I'm just presenting my unbias opinion.

·
Registered
543 Posts
03SonicBoom - You definitely bring up a very good point. Obviously there are pros and cons to not showing generic negative feedback. We weighed them and felt it more beneficial to only have negatives that were informative.

I think the difference is with a positive review there is less need to quantify it. The person is happy and that's about that.

With a negative review without more information, it really leaves the consumer hanging and confused. Why is this person saying they are unhappy? It could be anything from they don't like the way it looks on their car, they had a shipping delay, there was a part missing in the box, design flaw, etc. etc. etc. but if they don't tell you why, you are just left to your own speculation. You really don't know and it just causes more confusion then good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts