Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a really hot climate and i wanna know if there are any products out there that you guys have tried that worked on keeping the interior in good shape, like keeping the dash from cracking and fading and the leather seats from cracking and tearing?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Currently using, and very happy with, Sonax dashboard cleaner and Poorboys world leather stuff. Chemical guys has good stuff too, can't go wrong with them.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
For cleaning, i really like Ultima Interior Shampoo gel, you can use it on basically anything inside your car. For protecting leather/plastics, i usually use optimum protectant plus. Its cheap, smells good, conditions leather well, isnt greasy and is easy to use.

Couple other options include Aerospace 303, Ultima Interior Guard, Gtechniq L1 leatherguard....there are many options.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Lexol isnt bad for an OTC product, but its not nearly as easy to apply as OPP.

Im not a huge fan of using the same product to clean and condition, so typically, ill use Ultima Interior Shampoo gel and a horsehair brush to clean and loosen dirt, then go over that with a MF towel. Then another MF towel thats damp with warm water, to help remove any cleaner residue. Then i follow with OPP with a foam applicator, message it into the seats and let it sit, typically there is no residue left from that, if there ever is, a quick wipedown with a dry MF towel cleans it right up. OPP can also be used on plastics and vinyl too.

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
Lexol isnt bad for an OTC product, but its not nearly as easy to apply as OPP.

Im not a huge fan of using the same product to clean and condition, so typically, ill use Ultima Interior Shampoo gel and a horsehair brush to clean and loosen dirt, then go over that with a MF towel. Then another MF towel thats damp with warm water, to help remove any cleaner residue. Then i follow with OPP with a foam applicator, message it into the seats and let it sit, typically there is no residue left from that, if there ever is, a quick wipedown with a dry MF towel cleans it right up. OPP can also be used on plastics and vinyl too.
??

·
I smell like beef
5,580 Posts
I just bought some collinite 855 leather wax for the grand cherokee, it seems decent, I like how it doesn't leave a greasy shine, but more natural look.

·
missippi roolz
9,244 Posts
I use some sort of leather cleaner/conditioner from Adam's and I love it. Makes your car smell like a boot store...mmmmmm

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
is there anything wrong with using generic leather cleaner and conditioner that came with a furniture set? because i may have done that yesterday. unless that's a bad idea. in which case i totally didn't do that

·
I smell like beef
5,580 Posts
is there anything wrong with using generic leather cleaner and conditioner that came with a furniture set? because i may have done that yesterday. unless that's a bad idea. in which case i totally didn't do that
Your seats will probably burst into flames, and what the hell is that in your sig?

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
Your seats will probably burst into flames, and what the hell is that in your sig?
lol

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/clubhouse/532649-bwal-gonzo-broke-dailly.html

long story short, gonzo figured out you could insert a code that would put a 1x1 pixel youtube video that would autoplay in a post, so whenever a page opened you would hear music/farts/sex noises/rick roll etc. and not know where it was coming from. we exploited the **** out of it for a day, then autoguide fixed it, so i created a memorial for that pixel in my sig

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
I know, just the way you said it made it seem like a 2 in 1 product.
Oh no, sorry, I didn't mean to imply it was an all in one. I've owned and used both the lexol cleaner and conditioner, it's a decent product. I was just making a point about how I prefer to treat leather.

·
there's a tech section?
19,648 Posts
No.
Leather cleaner can be used on the leather and vinyl parts of the seat.
Just don't use vinyl cleaner on the whole seat.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Oh and I currently use Leatherique. It was expensive but I heard so many good things about it. It's also lasted me forever and works amazingly.
When I finally run out I'll be buying something else but just for the sake of trying others. It's worth buying again to me.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
dunno if its any good or not but mothers leather tech,seen it at walmart for a few months,stopped there today and they had it in the clearance isle,1.50 each,reg was 7.97 so i got both and a bottle of surf city black jax .all 3 bottles was 4.50 i think i dd good lol

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
For cleaning interior pieces I use 303. For cleaner leather I use duragloss leather cleaner. For protecting leather I use duragloss leather conditioner. For interior surface protection I use PERL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts