Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read on a couple sites that the professional products intakes for 2v mustang are useless... Does anyone have them and what results did you get?

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
One of my friends has one on his 02 and both myself and him felt no difference between this and the stock pi intake. I personally have been looking at the foxlake p51 intake if I do a centrifugal style s/c with my pi head swap (unless I do a roots blower). And what i've read about it is alot of good stuff.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I don't know anyone who is using one. It's my understanding that the major advantage over a stock p.i. intake is that is is all metal and can be ported to your specs.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I would definately look for a better design than pro products intake though. The bullitt intake is awesome and the trick flow ain't to bad either. I have heard nothing but greatness about the afore mentioned p-51 intake as well. Most say the p-51 is the best out there.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Yeah I like what I've heard about it, I know
it's alot of money but even the pro
products one is like $600+ and the p51 is around $800. I would do the bullitt intake
but the cheapest one I have found was $800 and I heard alot of parts for the bullitt intake are specific to that intake only and some have been discontinued! Plus I want to look into foxlake doing a stage 1 setup on my pi heads so try and keep the intake in the family

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
I would go with the bullet intake any day over the PP Intake. Small Gains are expected from both and the bullet is more budget friendly...

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Like I said the cheapest ive found a bullitt intake for was a little over $750. Usually $800+. There is two close to me for sale one is $850 for just the intake, and the other is $1000 with all the sensors and hoses. It's not cheap or really budget friendly. The pp one is budget friendly but I'd leave the pi one on over the pp one.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Like I said the cheapest ive found a bullitt intake for was a little over $750. Usually $800+. There is two close to me for sale one is $850 for just the intake, and the other is $1000 with all the sensors and hoses. It's not cheap or really budget friendly. The pp one is budget friendly but I'd leave the pi one on over the pp one.
I was not talking to you so i did not read what you said...

And i don't know where you been looking but thats a crazy price for a used intake when you can get the better version from Trick Flow for $769 Brand new.

Description:
Add some ponies to your Mustang with Trick Flow's Track Heat 4.6L 2V intake manifolds. Designed for hot street and track-ready 4.6L SOHC Mustangs, the Track Heat 4.6L 2V manifolds improve performance in the meat of the engine's powerband between 1,500 and 6,500 rpm with unported cylinder heads and 1,500 and 7,200 rpm with aftermarket or ported cylinder heads. The secret lies with the symmetrical high-velocity intake ports and 75mm throttle body inlet, which work together to substantially increase airflow and distribute it evenly to the cylinders. With these revolutionary intakes, you will be rewarded with big increases in performance over more expensive manifolds! Plus, the intakes' A319 aluminum construction is not affected by nitrous like weak, plastic factory manifolds. And don't worry about hood clearance--the Track Heat intakes are direct bolt-on replacements for stock and will fit under any stock-height hood.

$769 Version
Trick Flow Specialties TFS-51800003 - Trick Flow® Track Heat® Intake Manifolds for Ford 4.6L 2V - Overview - SummitRacing.com

$799 Version (Complete with Everything)
Trick Flow Specialties TFS-51811002 - Trick Flow® Track Heat® Intake Manifolds for Ford 4.6L 2V - Overview - SummitRacing.com

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Okay well I don't know if that was a sarcastic I wasn't talking to
you or not but specify or quote who you wanna talk to then. And I've been
looking all over craigslist and local ads and
that's the price for them around here apparently idk I haven't checked eBay or outside new England. I'm just saying that's the prices I have been
seeing. And I said nothing bad about trickflow
nor did I even bring them up.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Okay well I don't know if that was a sarcastic I wasn't talking to
you or not but specify or quote who you wanna talk to then. And I've been
looking all over craigslist and local ads and
that's the price for them around here apparently idk I haven't checked eBay or outside new England. I'm just saying that's the prices I have been
seeing. And I said nothing bad about trickflow
nor did I even bring them up.

No, i was being serious i Read that first post in a thread then give my .02 then if someone responds to my post i can then talk to them i just don't waist my time reading the entire thread (Most of the time).

They are hard to come buy and can be pricey but where you are located has alot to do with it as i have seen them down here for half that price.

And i know you didn't say anything about trick flow, as i was the one that brought it up as another similar intake option that all.Just figured if someone wanted that style intake and was willing to pay $800 for it why not go with a Trick flow.And if not so be it but its an option if a Bullet specific intake can not be found in a timely manner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well, bottom line is the pp intake, upper p., and t.b. are on a car I just bought with a Pi swap - its a 4r70w car and it runs pretty well... probably 240-260 at the wheels, I heard that they actually LOSE power compared to the factory intake. They both had dyno results backing this... (they being stangnet?? products reviews). I am MOST likely going to do a kenny bell anyway (for the quicker boost for my auto) over the vortech in this app.. The car already has JBA headers, catted X and some cat back with 3.73's and an SCT SF3 tuner. So i just need to do the j mod, buy a good converter (im taking oppinions and researching) and do some subframes. Cams optional.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
No, i was being serious i Read that first post in a thread then give my .02 then if someone responds to my post i can then talk to them i just don't waist my time reading the entire thread (Most of the time).

They are hard to come buy and can be pricey but where you are located has alot to do with it as i have seen them down here for half that price.

And i know you didn't say anything about trick flow, as i was the one that brought it up as another similar intake option that all.Just figured if someone wanted that style intake and was willing to pay $800 for it why not go with a Trick flow.And if not so be it but its an option if a Bullet specific intake can not be found in a timely manner.
Yeah everything Seems to be expensive up here. Like people trying to get $1000+ for complete pi swap parts. It's rediculous but yes for sure a
bullitt intake for the price of the pp one or less would be a great deal. And I've read alot of good about trickflows too. Any
metal intake besides pp is a nice upgrade. Or just elmininate the whole intake decisions and slap a nice big roots blower on it!!!
Lol

·
Registered
432 Posts
A few people have told me this thing is junk and that its not worth buying it because u get hardly any gains and main reason is it never lines up right. Me I'm waiting for bbk so I can wait till fall of next year

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
+1 i found a bullitt intake on ebay last year and decided to buy it, i could feel a improvement over the pi intake also love the dual throttle body:D

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
motor also sounds like a BEAST with that extra air, love the way it sounds when the hood is open and you pull the throttle and hear that air suck in

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Bbk is coming out with one for the 4.6? Pp crap is garbage all around i'd never use there stuff on any car

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Yeah everything Seems to be expensive up here. Like people trying to get $1000+ for complete pi swap parts. It's rediculous but yes for sure a
bullitt intake for the price of the pp one or less would be a great deal. And I've read alot of good about trickflows too. Any
metal intake besides pp is a nice upgrade. Or just elmininate the whole intake decisions and slap a nice big roots blower on it!!!
Lol

Yea i hear you on that.when i get the 5.4 swap i used the PP Adapter plates at first to use the mustang intake and even the plates were poor quality the gaskets leaked and i had to buy a nice set of oem gaskets and even after using the correct gaskets they leaked i had to hand tighten it untill the leaking stopped way past the required inch pound torque specs. Not to mentiong i had to use a hand file to get the ports right and clean up the casting marks.Its like they made them smooth where the intake/head met the plate but they said F the ports and left them rough as can be and for $200 for plates and they show up like that i was like no more will i do business with them.

And then i started looking at the hard baller intake for the 5.4 swap the all aluminum intake comparable to the 4.6 PP intake in style but by far better in quality but i said hell spend $700-800 on a intake manifold or grab a lighting setup for $700.As you can see it was a easy choice for me :yes

Bbk is coming out with one for the 4.6? Pp crap is garbage all around i'd never use there stuff on any car
\

+1 Only thing i ever used from them was the 75mm T Body which was a nice piece but its kinda had to mess up making a t-body...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.