Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so the BBK SSI intake is out... What about a Professional Products Typhoon Intake manifold... Its used, painted black and does not include air temp sensor , throttle body ,pvc, or water neck housing...

He's asking $250...

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
those intakes are pretty much junk, they have lots of casting flash everywhere, they are a chinese copy of edelbrock i think

·
Registered
204 Posts
the Typhoons work well for the cost and with a bit of clean up on the lower it will work even better. talk him down $50 then it would be even better I have put them on a few cars for people and they fit well also. are they the best no but for a budget intake they are fine.

·
Registered
377 Posts
If your looking for an intake to bolt on and go, look elsewhere. They NEED some clean up to perform as well as the performer RPM that they were patterned after.

If you can get it for DIRT cheap and dont mind doing some work to it, it can make decent power with the right set up.

What are your plans?

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
it's better then stock that's for sure but like mentioned normally the lower intake has a bunch of casting flash that needs to be cleaned up if your worried about extracting all you can from it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought this car with the intentions of building a TT monster in due time, and when the risk of layoff decreases... I'm looking for minimal **** to throw at it to make it more enjoyable...

As far as the intakes go, this one and the BBK SSI that I wrote about in another thread, these people out here in Vegas have balls... In general, and not just these intakes... They have things they're selling that are still pieces of ****, no matter how you slice them... And they get butt hurt when you tell them its not worth 75% of what they paid for it... Argh... Makes me wanna smack the **** outta them...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whats a fair price for it then? That way I can go insult this guy...

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
I'd say fair would be $200 or less.. throw out the fact that it's a cheap cast copy of an out to date edlebrock manifold which will require some port work to clean up the quality control and see what he says lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts