Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running one of these? Is it stock or did you have it ported? I can get a great Price on one and my builder will port it completly. Just wondering what kinda Gains you were seeing with it. And if its worth having it ported to match my combo.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm thats shitty that they have problems. I like the 3 piece design. Any one know of a good affordable aluminum intake? I can get this one for under 500. The Victor jr looks good but you NEED to use a holley or edelbrock plenum. I hadnt budgeted for a new intake but id rather have an intake thats matched to my set up so i can make the full potential and not plastic.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
The typhoon is junk...

Horrible casting...Horrible leaks...

I am still yet to see one that is worth the money...

The Bullitt still seems to be king...But the trickflow looks promising...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea ive been looking for a Bullitt but havent been able to find one. I heard about the trickflow but never seën it. Anyone got a Bullitt?

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Good luck finding a bullitt...

Last one I saw ran about a grand and that was not even a complete kit...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Summit racing has the trick flow, its about 650 I think but its leaps and bounds better than the typhoon.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is the trick flow a one piece?

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
The Trick Flow peice looks alot like my stock intake. If it flows like mine, you should see a solid torque gain. Not sure if it has the same throttle body as mine or if it is stock GT, but it is aluminum, which would make it great for blowers or nitrous.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
The Logan Intake is AWESOME...But is quite pricey...

The P-51 is the ONLY aftermarket intake I am aware of that showed gains on a N/A Engine...

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Good luck finding a bullitt...

Last one I saw ran about a grand and that was not even a complete kit...
I saw one two days ago. 600 complete. I dont know where though. Let me check to see if i can find it...

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
we ran a typhoon on my friends 99 gt, fitment was junk on it and lost power till around 4k rpm. after 4k it came alive, but was just a dog on the bottom end. foxlake is a good intake and the price isnt bad either for aftermarket intakes. the tirckflow and hardballr are ones i am concidering, but i do not know how much $$$ i will have left over after i build.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts