Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good chip to reprogram the engine for increased proformance?

Did the full tune up, cold air intake and flowmaster muffler but i want alittle more. I know its a v-6 and I can only get so much. Some of the things like pullys give only a 8-11 hp increase but are expensive to buy and than add mechanics labor. The chip seems to get the best gains for the dollar. I was looking at a Diablo reprogrammer. BUT will this hurt or damage the engine? Will i have to get beefed up parts to accomodate the hp gains?

Also..is that thing "the Tornado" ( it swirls your air intake for better combustion a gimmick or does it work. Its the thing that looks like a radiator fan and when the air comes down the tube it swirls it like a tornado funnel for increased air flow.)

Thanks
Tangbang

·
Registered
224 Posts
The tornado is garbage. try UD pullies, gears and a t-lock and a xcal 2 or 3 for the tuner. Hp isnt cheap.and pullies are not expensive.

The V6 can be made fast there is a guy on here that can beat a bolt on GTO and has spent less money than a GT costs.

·
Banned
808 Posts

Did the full tune up, cold air intake and flowmaster muffler but i want alittle more. I know its a v-6 and I can only get so much. Some of the things like pullys give only a 8-11 hp increase but are expensive to buy and than add mechanics labor. The chip seems to get the best gains for the dollar. I was looking at a Diablo reprogrammer. BUT will this hurt or damage the engine? Will i have to get beefed up parts to accomodate the hp gains?

Also..is that thing "the Tornado" ( it swirls your air intake for better combustion a gimmick or does it work. Its the thing that looks like a radiator fan and when the air comes down the tube it swirls it like a tornado funnel for increased air flow.)

Thanks
Tangbang
first go with sct more people seem to have taken the sct's over diablos more options more performance
tornado= NO, NO not dont no nope
think if that blade were to break and send pieces of metal in your intake manifold :mad:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Ok...it has been said but not clearly...DO NOT BUY A CHIP!!!!!! what you want to buy is a tuner! You should get either an SCT XCal 2 or and SCT XCal 3. Click on the link in my sig. It will take you to a site that will answer all of your tuner questions. It is also the best place to buy an SCT tuner. With the tuner you will get free custom tunes for 2 years! A custom tune is 10x better than anything you'll ever get from a chip or a "canned" tune. As for the tornado, I had one in my car for 2 years. It didn't hurt anything. However, it also didn't give me ANY HP gains, and it gave me maybe an extra 1/2 to 1 MPG. I took it out when I put in my cold air intake. If you want to buy it (it is in like new condition in the original box with a tornado sticker)I'll give it to you for $30 +shipping. That is half what you'll get it for new. However, I 'll be honest it is a waste of money. I wish I hadn't been stupid enough to pay $60 for it. Luckily I'm smarter now and know a lot more about cars than I did then.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
okay if you have tomake chagnes to a chip youi have to mail it to tyhe dude. if you have to make changes with a tuner he emails it to you.

·
Registered
699 Posts

Thanks
Tangbang
Guys, correct me if I'm wrong, but I am told that throttle bodies for our cars are relatively useless unless we p&p them or we have several mods. This said, about $250 for either a throttle body, or a set of pulleys and a belt (in which all this will actually give gains in hp) the pulleys are a better alternative.

As for tuner, Sniper special forces, Diablo, and SCT's all work well. The Xcal 2 or 3 comes highly recommended from guys on here, and like said above, it offers a few more options w/ programmability than does the Diablo. The Sniper is also similar to the Xcal 2 or 3 but can program 2 vehicles (not 100% sure but i dont think the Xcal's can). As for pricing, I have seen the Diablo's for about 320 online and the Xcal's and Sniper's for a lil under 400. Check out some of the vendors on here, some offer discounts for us due to being a part of these forums. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Guys, correct me if I'm wrong, but I am told that throttle bodies for our cars are relatively useless unless we p&p them or we have several mods. This said, about $250 for either a throttle body, or a set of pulleys and a belt (in which all this will actually give gains in hp) the pulleys are a better alternative.

As for tuner, Sniper special forces, Diablo, and SCT's all work well. The Xcal 2 or 3 comes highly recommended from guys on here, and like said above, it offers a few more options w/ programmability than does the Diablo. The Sniper is also similar to the Xcal 2 or 3 but can program 2 vehicles (not 100% sure but i dont think the Xcal's can). As for pricing, I have seen the Diablo's for about 320 online and the Xcal's and Sniper's for a lil under 400. Check out some of the vendors on here, some offer discounts for us due to being a part of these forums. Hope this helps.
+1 you get a discount at tricktuners.com for being an MM member.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts