Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so a few weeks ago I inquired on this forum with some questions I had regarding the 5-lug conversion on my Fox. I just got around to doing it and would like to share my progress..

The parts I am using:
94-95 Spindles
99-04 PBR Calipers
UPR Products Tubular K-Member
UPR Products Tubular A-Arms
Coil-Overs
UPR Camber/Caster Plates
93 Cobra Master Cylinder
3-2 Port Conversion
Wilwood Adjustable Proportioning Valve
Brake Line Adapter for the soft line to hard line
Rear 94-95 Rear-End

So far I have installed the k-member only because I am waiting on the bushings for the A-Arms and the steering rack. I also took the rotors to get resurfaced, and purchased new brake pads, I have the spindles all put together ready to throw on when I receive the bushings. Total work time into the project so far has been about 6-hours. After I complete the front I will get started on the rear-end.

Tips, tricks, comments, questions, and constructive criticism are all welcome! Thank you for viewing! :drink

Here are some pictures, excuse the quality, I snapped them with my phone.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Looks good

·
Registered
384 Posts
How do you like the UPR K member? I'm thinking about using one in my build

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
I see the brackets for a supercharger. Wheres the supercharger at ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do you like the UPR K member? I'm thinking about using one in my build
It's good as far as fitment goes, I haven't driven on it because I had to order bushings for the member from UPR, they should arrive this week. I will get back to you on that.

I see the brackets for a supercharger. Wheres the supercharger at ?
It's sitting on my bench in the garage, I haven't installed it since I bought the car. The previous owner had rebuilt the motor and never installed it again. It's a Powerdyne BD11a... How good are those blowers?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Lookin good man let me know how you like the UPR cross member I am thinking about getting one

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lookin good man let me know how you like the UPR cross member I am thinking about getting one
Thanks man. And I'll report back with results from the UPR member. I will tell you though, the fitment is really good and went on with no problems. Really good piece.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Powerdynes are not that good.... but since you have it, use it. Or sell the kit and buy a better used supercharger such as vortech, paxton novi, or a procharger

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Powerdynes are not that good.... but since you have it, use it. Or sell the kit and buy a better used supercharger such as vortech, paxton novi, or a procharger
How much do you think I can get for it? It's a complete kit with injectors, MAF, FMU(not good, i know) etc... and there's an extra ECU there, idk if it's a different one r what the deal is, I haven't looked at it.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
What size injectors ? You may want to hold onto that stuff if you plan on getting a better supercharger.

On corral.net i see your powerdyne selling between 800-1000 on ebay youll get more maybe 1200-1400

Those prices are just based on the supercharger, if you through in every thing then it will be more

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They are 24# injectors.. I'll definitely look into selling the Powerdyne

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
The 24 lb are to small any ways. Sell it all and pick up a vortech S trim or some thing, with some 42 lb injectors, 255 lph fuel pump and then get the car dyno tuned

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmm they might be 42, i'm not too sure.. is there a way to check? either way it's not a big deal if they aren't... thanks for your input man, always helpful.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Your welcome. Post pics of the injectors. If there ford injectors and they have blue tops there 24 lb. Green tops 42 lb. Also your maff should have marking that say what injector its calibrated for.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
after punching the numbers from the injects on google, i came with "racetronix 42# injectors"... does that sound right?

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
Maf is a factory electronics piece, could be a lightning maf, google the part number. Keep the injectors, and somewhere you have a chip with a tune.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts