Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i havent had a foxbody in a few years found a steal on a roller, car was bought without motor or tranny. Car has 17k miles on body has a custom built 8pt roll cage no american muscle or ebay stuff. Has a aftermarket 9" 4:10 gears and 31spline axles and spool with 5 bolt swap. Has torque arm and pan hard bar welded in with sub frame connectors. Has flaming river rack an pinion. The car is setup for drag but wanting to make a nice pro-street setup. Jus bought a DSS 331 shortblock not sure what to do for cam, intake and carb setup..was thinking AFR 205cc heads. I am going to be spraying the car and not sure what setup to go for that..any suggestions?

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Theres a similar thread around here some where, and it may turn out that a 205 might be a little big for a 331. I dont know, im not an engine bilder, just thought id through that out there. Post some pics of the car, cage, and all the other goodys so we can see what your working with

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Lol

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
So i havent had a foxbody in a few years found a steal on a roller, car was bought without motor or tranny. Car has 17k miles on body has a custom built 8pt roll cage no american muscle or ebay stuff. Has a aftermarket 9" 4:10 gears and 31spline axles and spool with 5 bolt swap. Has torque arm and pan hard bar welded in with sub frame connectors. Has flaming river rack an pinion. The car is setup for drag but wanting to make a nice pro-street setup. Jus bought a DSS 331 shortblock not sure what to do for cam, intake and carb setup..was thinking AFR 205cc heads. I am going to be spraying the car and not sure what setup to go for that..any suggestions?
Hey,

Sounds like you're in the works of an awesome build! I see that you don't want to order any parts from us and I just wanted to see if there was a negative experience that I can fix?

I'd hate for us to not to business anymore. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance!

-Dan

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i was thinking they were descent size heads so i could have the option later on getting a better block and maybe go with a blow-thru carb for a turbo but not sure how that all works either...lol ill get more pictures here in a couple weeks of what the undercarage looks like. It has diff springs and shocks jus not sure what all it has to be honest got a awesome deal i couldnt pass up. I wouldve gone with a 351 but bought the DSS block off a buddy for 800 motor only has 3k on it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No problems with american muscle i was meaning it was a cage that wasnt bought online somewhere, and ill def be buying my ignition set up from you guys at American Muscle for sure.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Hey,

Sounds like you're in the works of an awesome build! I see that you don't want to order any parts from us and I just wanted to see if there was a negative experience that I can fix?

I'd hate for us to not to business anymore. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance!

-Dan
I have only had good experiences with American Muscle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How do you know how good of a deal you got if you don't really know what you have? Lol
Well suspension im not sure what shocks an springs it has, i figured buying the car for 2500 when it ran 6.4's 1/8th mile wasnt to bad on a 351 cleveland with a c6 4500 stall and transbrake.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts