Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So me and a buddy are picking up an 06 gt this Friday and we have 2000 extra to spend on it off the bat, I have a pretty good idea on what to do with it but wanted yalls input. It has a short throw and the rest of the car is stock what would yall do with the extra 2000?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
CAI, tuner, 4.10's and a nice set of LT's would be a good start, might be more than $2000 if you can't install everything yourself though.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already have done a couple of LT installs including on my 11 so that wont be a problem.
This is my list so far.
3.73s
C&L racer cai
sct tuner
borla catback
ford racing intake manifold
What do yall think about that?

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I already have done a couple of LT installs including on my 11 so that wont be a problem.
This is my list so far.
3.73s
C&L racer cai
sct tuner
borla catback
ford racing intake manifold
What do yall think about that?

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Depending on if we close on this gt or not I think were going to get some mickies so we can go to the track.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I saw a used turbo kit on s197forum.com for 2k you should go pick that up. But as others said I would start with suspension and get some LT's.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would never buy used forced induction. What is the big hype about the longtubes are they really worth it for the price and small gain?

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
I would never buy used forced induction. What is the big hype about the longtubes are they really worth it for the price and small gain?
What's so bad about a used supercharger or turbo?

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Idk it just seems a little sketchy to me Ig, just my personal opinion. If the deal seems genuine then Ig I would consider it. Links to the used turbo?

·
BWAL Is My Hero
15,891 Posts
If you wanna go cheap you could alwasy go Nitrous. Especially if its going to be mainly a track car anyway. Then, if you decide to go FI in the future you can integrate the nitrous into your forced induction setup of choice. Sticking with the track car theme, 4.10's are probably a better idea. If you start to run out of gear you can start going with a taller tire to compensate. :2cents

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I plan on doing forced induction in the near future that is why I am leaning towards the 3.73s. I considered nitrous but we decided against it since it will be turbod or charged soon enough.

·
Registered
437 Posts
is this gonna be a track car?

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
If all you're going to do is run it on the quarter, all you need for suspension is some LCAs and maybe a UCA. The stock springs are fine for good weight transfer. better than lowering springs at least. I'd spend the money on tires before springs. I wish I woulda done that instead of just throwing money at it

·
Hey Everybody, Come See How Hard I Parked!
13,873 Posts
Do you two own this car 50/50, like you're both on the title with AND between your names, and not OR. If not I wouldn't put a dime in the car.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes it is both of ours, thats why were both doing research before we spend our money. I do not plan on dropping it and it will be mainly a track car. I have LCA's on the 11 without UCA's, are UCA's worth it or will LCA's be just fine?

·
BWAL Is My Hero
15,891 Posts
If its going to be a drag car, do a UCA and HD mount as well as LCA's. I'd do adjustable LCA's since they are easier to get to, with a UCA you only have to make one adjustment but its a bitch to get to. Either one will adjust pinion angle and thats a big deal. Also, if you plan on lowering it, I suggest getting a set of LCA relcoation brackets and having them welded on.

Drag radials, especially, are really hard on LCA's and the UCA. Make sure you get the ones with spherical bearings. Don't waste your time with poly's if you'll be running slicks or drag radials. They will split.

·
Registered
437 Posts
If it is gonna be a track car why not go to 4.30's or 4.56's? I think gears, a tuner and a CAI. OR you could follow the traditional rule of thumb for upgrades (stop, turn, go) and invest in brakes.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts