Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my vert got broke into over the weekend, slashed up top, stole cd player.my plans are to just turn it into a hardcore project car. I've got my 02 gt and the wife has the mini cooper so its just an extra car right now. I'm thinking I'll just take the top completly out and gut all the hardware for it. I've got the saleen speedster cover to cover over to make it look nice. I was planing on it being a car that u only drive when its perfect weather out. So I was thinking about taking all the ac junk out since I wouldn't need it. Is that a bad idea?

Also, as it is now it mostly a stock v6, I kinna was wanting to put a bigblock carborated engine in it just to be different (not sure if many people do that) but anyway I'd love some suggestions!

·
Registered
922 Posts
a big block would be sweet. first step tho should be getting rid of that horrible looking front bumper.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
big block would be awesome. Or just do the termy swap... or even better the lightning swap! Lightning would need a little modification to get it to fit, so im sure a big block would be a pain too.

Termy you could just get a wrecked one and swap everything over, since its more than just the motor swap.

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only who thinks the bumper can go. But yeah, big block power would be rather unique and pretty badass, IMO

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i agree with ya on the bumper, i've had the car since i was in high school and i guess i thought it was cool haha, but for real, i was thinking: supercharged 351 engine, full saleen s351 body kit to go along with the speedster cover.

·
Registered
922 Posts
supercharged 351 engine, full saleen s351 body kit to go along with the speedster cover.
Ok baller - if you got that kinda money, it would be nice.

·
Registered
423 Posts
yeah i agree with ya on the bumper, i've had the car since i was in high school and i guess i thought it was cool haha, but for real, i was thinking: supercharged 351 engine, full saleen s351 body kit to go along with the speedster cover.
if you wanna get the 351 i would send it to a machine shop and have them stroke/bore it to 408

but if your spending the money on a new engine i would get a 460 and bore/stroke it and throw on a 250 shot and beat the death out of it

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had an exhaust shop tell me that they could not do center exit exhaust on my mustang bc of the fuel tank... is this true?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts