Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i am building my wife a drag car. she is always at my races enjoys watching and loves hanging out with the other racers and their wives. well i think it is about time for her to feel what i do and why i love spending every waking minute doing something car related. so here is the official MC-NASTY
build thred. the first goal is to build the car to go 11.5 on $2000 or less directly out of my pocket. i may trade out work or do some side work for some cash that will not be counted.

i got the car from 93mustank (thankyou) for a set of headers which i paid 25.00 for. so i am off to a good start. he was going to build it for his brother but his brother is too lazy to do anything with it so he pretty much gave it to a good home. the car was named by keith and his brother and as you can see it is painted on the car and it will remain named mc-nasty which me and the wife like the name.

the car is an 85 lx coupe (notch) and is pretty much the lightst platform when it comes to mustangs. so its perfect to go fast on a budget.

here is what i have so far

car-$25.00
engine-free (building it now)
headers mac 1 3/4 LT-free(pretty much got paid to take them)
GT40P heads-free (may do some work or repayment down the road)
racing seats with covers-$40.00
battery relocate wires-free (came with seats)
solid motor mounts-free (came with seats)
tranny x member-free(came with all that ****)

will have tranny soon trans break c4 (will end up costing roughly 500.00)

so as of now i have 65.00 in the car its gonna be a tight build but i think i can do it.

machene work is coverd so no labor charges for the most parts.

here are the pics of this beauty:cool:

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the car looks rough but is actually in great condition the only noticeable dents are on the roof the rest of the car is extreamly stright and its pretty much stripped down for me.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
dude your trailers nice as ****, and in maybe 2 months ill be looking for a mc nasty, my machs gone:D

·
Registered
481 Posts
Damn Sean, with your attention to detail, this ought to be one fine ride your wife is going to have.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I have one of those too. Mines like you said, looks rough but straight body.

Do you think you'll be able to keep it under 2 grand? I have a 429 that's going in mine.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i am gonna try i am getting alot of help from good friends.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
we started stripping it down today. its coming along quite nicely. the wife did about 70% of the work.. it is her car so she is gonna do alot of the work.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
****ing sick dude, now i gota get a fox and try and race your wife:D

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
she will kick your ass. her car is proly gonna be faster then mine on a 306...

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
a 306...with gt40p heads

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand how much nitrous?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
motor to motor hers will proly be just as quick

1 - 20 of 195 Posts