Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i figured i'd better intro myself before i start asking truckloads of questions.

i have an '87 GT that i'm about to rip into. i have NEVER done a project like this before and i plan to do as much of the work myself as possible (i will also enlist the help of a friend of mine). the car is pretty much a POS and the wife won't drive it any more. it's got about 186,000 on the odo and it finally won't pass smog. i figured, since it won't pass smog i might as well pull it apart. it needs a lot of work to put it back to being a daily driver. it will need suspension work, motor work, body work, paint and some interior work. wow, now that i look at that list maybe i should just go buy a new one :eek:! nooooo, where's the fun in that. i'm not going to go crazy with this car at all. i'm going to keep it very mild. my goal is to have a very clean, well put together daily driver. so, to make a short story long, i'll be asking a ton of questions starting in the very near future.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
:welcome and sounds like youve got a builder on your hands. See you around the boards

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if my wife had it her way she'd call it "project bic lighter". she hates the car and would just love handle the project herself with a can of lighter fluid and bic lighter. when i told her the car didn't pass smog the other day, she laughed so hard she started to cry. the funniest thing is, once i get the car done i probably won't be able to get the keys back from her :)

and yes, i'll DEFINITELY be cruising around these boards on a very regular basis.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I had an 87gt about half a lifetime ago. Let me know if I can help you with anything.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Welcome to the family and post pix as your going!! :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanx for the welcomes and the offers for help/advice. you can bet that i'll be taking you up on the offer. i have started a thread in the 5.0 section and have posted a couple of pics of the outside. i'll be adding a couple of engine and interior pics so i'll be able to put up some "in progess" shots as i'm moving along. thanx again.

·
Registered
812 Posts
keep us updated with the build, always love to see others peoples work come together, Welcome to MM!

·
Registered
812 Posts
how may times did you do this, damn lol

·
Registered
812 Posts
haha, i see that now, too much free time eh?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts