Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Oh snap :eek: some parts!

MY Project for this weekend is to lower my stang. I have a 00GT 5Spd.

I just recived my H&R Super Sport Spings, Maximum Motersports CCamber plates, Tokico Illumina 5-Way Adjustable Struts, and a chin spoiler!

I have never lowered a mustang before. Is there any thing anyone can recomend as pointers for the process? Will I need a torch wrench at all? Anything i should look out for. I have done alot of research on this topic and it really dosn't seem all that hard. I know less about the CCplates then anything else. Here some info i have found Mustangworld Progressive Rate Springs Install

I have also heard the Hardware that come with the Chin spoiler is wack and break really easy. What is recomended instead?

Help a brother out:D

·
Registered
498 Posts
your set up looks nice man, i wish i could help out.but how low will it be>?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those springs say it will drop 1.75 in front and 1.5 in rear. How accurate those number are i have no idea. I have decided not to use the isolators in the rear so it might even be lower.

Just like i like my women, Face down ass up.....I think there was a song that was like that! :D

I hope it is a good setup. I was orrignally going to go with strang 10 way adjustables. These where a little more and I have read they are a much better product.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well got a good start last night on the project. I only really wanted to lift the car and look at what i had in store for me. Then I just began taking **** apart.
Front Springs and sturts are in along with the CCplates :thumbsup:
SORRY about the Horrible quality photos. Scrached up lens on a phone! lol

Out with the old...

In with then new:

COMPLETE

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you....but now i am having aligment issues!

From another Fourm

GT_Andy said:
Vector said:
GT_Andy said:
So....I just got the car back from the alignment. To start off with i was recomended by a reliable source on what measurments should be done with the alignment. Any Shop should be able to make these adjustment.
Well I was recomended
-Camber= anywhere from -0.5 to -0.75 (both sides)
-Caster= To be maximum (Closest to the driver) while leaving both driver and passanger side even.
-Toe in/out = Straight/Stock
I told them these are the measurment i wanted on the car.
I pick it up and they give me a sheet
Front left:
Camber before: -1.6 Now:-0.9
Caster before: 4.48 Now: 3.3
Toe before: 0.09 Now: 0.07
Front Right
Camber before: -2.0 Now:-1.8
Caster before: 3.7 Now: 3.3
Toe before: 0.07 Now: 0.07
They said it was closest they could get. If I remember correctly I thought GT could get close to 5 or 6 out of the caster. I have Maximum motersports CCplate on. I installed them myself and belive that it is all correct!
Not to mention the car DOES pull to the right. When I let go of the wheel I feel as if i was changing lanes! Could these differences in the adjustments cause that? I dont know much about alignments.
Free doesnt always mean good..
looking at the above any moron that can follow directions should have set the caster to.....
3.7 as this must have been the max on one said witch would make the max ...3.7 on the other
Based on you telling them....MAX but no they set it to 3.3 each side.............LACK OF FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS
On top of that I think the caster should read -X.XX as positive caster is forward lean of the strut - caster is backward lean of the strut. i dont do them every day so of the top of my head i cant tell you i can howver tell you by you looking at some things for me.
Toe .09 now .07? WTF is that... .02 would be right .01 would be better and its very doable.
my guess is they dont have a ****ing clue and did not want to spend the time to do it right. nor did they know how to do it.
Give me a call andy tomorrow will talk who knows how to do them right. And i have some things for you to look at to check to see how they did it.
who ever did it should stick to KIA alignments
I have been dealing with this company for all my alignments my entire life and never have had one complaint about how it was done. Until now :thumbsdown1:: The only reason why I say it was free is because I purchased a lifetime warranty because I have always been pleased with them. I talked to the alignment guy personally because I noticed it was off! He said that was the farthest they could push it and to still have the car driving straight. Now I never seen this guy in there before (I don’t know if he is new or just another guy there today). Well I have already called in and talked to the manager and it will be going in tomorrow. I will give them one last chance to correct it before I take to somewhere else. Also from other alignment shops I have even heard that the one I go to is one of the better ones in the area....So I donno.
Let say they are telling me the truth (That is that farthest they can make it...or closest...whatever)....
Could it be because of something was missed during the install or other factors? I don’t want to initially blame them if they legitamently can't complete the work correctly and telling the truth. But shouldn’t they be able tell me that?
But it dosnt make sense because...looking at it one more time.
Front left:
Camber before: -1.6 Now:-0.9
Caster before: 4.48 Now: 3.3
Toe before: 0.09 Now: 0.07
Front Right
Camber before: -2.0 Now:-1.8
Caster before: 3.7 Now: 3.3
Toe before: 0.07 Now: 0.07
Like Jeff said they could have put both sides at 3.7 giving this info is correct! but they set it at 3.3 :thumbsdown1::

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
looks 100X better man!!! good job!

·
Registered
266 Posts
looks alot better. how does it ride with whose Tokico Illumina 5-Way Adjustable Struts and shocks.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
congrats..looks good. I run the same shocks and love em

·
Registered
248 Posts
Looks great, what were the purple springs you took out they don't look like stock springs, and damn do the stock mustangs sit that high never really noticed before.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts