Modded Mustang Forums banner

61 - 80 of 131 Posts

·
Turbo > blower
13,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
It's not a quick disconnect. Its a standard t bolt style fastener

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

This one looks pretty damn similar

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/VBAND-250-CL-Stainless-COLUMBIA-MANDREL-BENDING/dp/B013PXW6XM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1447029825&sr=8-2&keywords=2.5+v+band+clamp[/ame]

·
Turbo > blower
13,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Well I got my hands on a new clamp. But the car is still running lean on the passenger side at idle. I've swapped plugs side to side, coils, and injectors and the problem hasn't followed. I'm stumped. The car is also slightly misfiring.

·
Turbo > blower
13,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Maybe. I don't think it's a fuel issue at this point. I'm thinking there might be a vacuum leak at the intake manifold. But I'm just grasping at straws here. Lito wants me to datalog it while driving, put a load on the engine and see what happens. Hopefully it's something easy to fix

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Stock fuel rails?

I never liked the stock set up with the crossover. They are expensive but I went with the Aeromotive set up and modified it just a bit to accommodate my fuel pressure gauge, but it basically insures even fuel distribution.

I also eliminated the rear crossover in this set up for space reasons. I didn't think it really was needed.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
You should be able to check for leaks with some sprays like carb clean or propane if you have a bottle and some way to get it down to where you are expecting the leak to be.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Oy vey. Vacuum gauge numbers? The stock rails can feed 500-600 hp no problem so what is the real issue? Check for cracked or pinched gaskets on CMDP and manifold on the problem side and use some lube on them before you reinstall? Check for a crack somewhere in the CMDP? Check for a problem in the runner side of the Manifold. A test at idle and then at a higher rpm. Cold and then Warm. Sometimes it is the little **** that you take for granted would be ok is the problem. Hope it is a simple oversight that is the cause.

·
Turbo > blower
13,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I got it! it was another damned exhaust leak, at the manifold collector. Sealed it up with some ultra copper RTV and she's good to go. Tuning is going well, car is running super rich but we're getting it closer. If this weather would clear up, progress would be moving a lot faster.

·
Turbo > blower
13,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Okay so I spent most of the day tuning the car. She's running well, runs like a raped ape at WOT, 20 degrees of timing at 4 lbs of boost (for now, it'll be 8.5 when we're done). It's ****ing mean. Just have to hammer out some part throttle and idle issues. She's a bit lean when you give it a little gas causing it to stumble. This car is turning into a beast.

I also installed a roush spoiler yesterday. I need to get pics of that.

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Now that I think about it, I need to get my sig pic updated. lol

·
Turbo > blower
13,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
For those of you wondering what my engine bay looks like now:

Did some more tuning today. Still trying to hammer out regular driving habits but it's almost done. I feel like I'm cutting it SUPER close with the snow coming. I'm starting to get worried. Oh well it'll get done eventually.

·
Turbo > blower
13,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
So today I was just looking around the car, under the hood and ****. Well I found that I forgot to tighten down the clamp over the throttle body. And due to the stupid oval shape, it had a fairly significant boost leak that was previously unknown. Sealed that bitch up and told Lito, he told me to run it WOT, and sure as **** it was super lean. So now we have to start all over with tuning. :banghead :banghead:banghead :computer:

61 - 80 of 131 Posts