Modded Mustang Forums banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Turbo > blower
13,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
I bought some stuff last night. Some caster/camber plates, a set of sumitomo htr z 3's and a new wheel hub. All in prep for the mm meet.

After I buy a house I'm gonna get some subframe connectors and motor mounts, and a few other things. A bunch of stuff I should have had all along

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
I may have missed it, but have you dyno'd it yet?

·
Turbo > blower
13,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
So I found out my drivers side axle is slightly bent. It's nothing serious but it just means my rear is probably gonna get built soon. I'm in the middle of buying a house so I can't do anything huge right now. That bent axle has been the source of the squeak I've had in the rear since I bought the car. I took off the brake pads and sanded of the edges so at least it stopped squeaking. The car also got new street wheels and tires today, in prep for the mm meet. No more amazing traction everywhere I go :/. My Mickeys are almost done for so I'm probably gonna get some Hoosiers to replace them. I'm also gonna be putting on some maximum motorsports caster camber plates and a new hub when my buddy gets here.

Anyway here's the new wheels. 19x10 square with 275/40/19's wrapped around them. Surprisingly my car sits almost an inch higher even though the wheels are supposedly the same diameter.

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Tested out the waterless wash from mothers, I love this stuff.

Also replaced the alternator for the second time in 2 days.

Did you get a 2010 alternator?

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
No I just got a regular one for my car. Was kind of an emergency and I didn't have a lot of time to shop around. Didn't even think about getting the 2010 one. Are they better?
Yes. In 2010 they got rid of the archaic single phase alternator and went with a triple phase. It is a better unit and you can probably find new ones. The problem with ours is that nobody makes them anymore so you can only get rebuilt/re-manufactured ones.

·
Turbo > blower
13,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
I'm horrible at updating this thread.

Since my last update I have gotten a pair of Hoosier quick time pros, blown up a diff, rebuilt it and pulled some 1.6 60fts and I'm now in the process of putting in a built rear with a spool and 35 spline axles. Hoping to bring the 60 down to 1.5 or even 1.4. I'm gunning for 10s on the stock block.

121 - 131 of 131 Posts