Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a slew of parts on the way for the Z06, I'll post pics as they arrive and add install and dyno videos when I get it together.

PRC Stage 1.0 LS6 Ported Heads
Texas Speed 228R Camshaft
Comp Cams 918 Valve Springs
7.400 Pushrods
Vararam Ram Air Intake
Vararam Power Tube
Kook's 1-7/8 Longtube Headers
Kooks 3x2.5 x pipe with Magnaflow Cats
Borla XR1 Catback
MGW Shifter

Anyone wanna guess what it puts down? :)

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
1400hp??

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
Probably around 440. 440-460 depending on the dyno. That's a relatively tame H/C combo for an LSX motor. Should run pretty good.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What does it put down now?
Most put about 360 at the wheels stock. I'm hoping for 450-460 now, having the heads milled to bump compression from 10.5:1 to 11.2:1

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was delivered just a few hours ago! I cant wait to get home and drive it.

Of course I found out it already has a Borla Stinger catback, but thats ok because the XR1 catback is going to be louder :D

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Nice

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Clean ride man, good luck with the mods

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gonna go ahead and add a set of Yella Terra 1.7 roller rockers and LS7 lifters to the mix too, should help the valve train run smoother, quieter, and more reliable.

·
Registered
577 Posts
That vette:drool

I think you are under rating it a bit. Is their FI in your future or nitrous to hit the 550 mark?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That vette:drool

I think you are under rating it a bit. Is their FI in your future or nitrous to hit the 550 mark?
Nope, the goal is to do it N/A :) Im aiming for 550 at the crank, so I should only need to hit 480 or so at the wheels.

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
You're right. 550 crank is about 470-480 to the rear wheels. That might be a far stretch with a cam that size, but I bet you are going to be close. It should be nice and streatable no matter what though. If I were you, I'd pull those door moldings off and lower it a bit. It's REAL easy to lower those Z06's. The hardest part will be getting the wheels off and getting it up in the air.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I plan on going with a full coilover setup in a few months as soon as my wallet recovers from all this. I thought about pulling the moldings off, I might end up doing it, havent decided yet.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Parts are starting to arrive :)

Still waiting on heads, roller rockers, longtubes/midpipe

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
god i can't wait to hear this thing please get vids when its done!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There will be lots of videos, any specific requests? :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts