Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha I know. I finally found a pic on a car on like the 7th page of google searching. I like the idea, but I dont like the two side halogen lights and the cheesy looking "grille" type thing :/

·
Registered
263 Posts
Wish there was a good looking projector option for our headlights, want HIDs but don't want to blind the **** outta people. I like the retrofits but even then they look....off a bit.

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
Ha ha. Thanks Cody! your housings are in my shed now, just waiting on your projectors and for me to get off work tomorrow night and Ill get started on your retrofit...

as to your Foglights... man.... I have looked into those, but getting a quality projector in there is just so freaking hard. such a small space. now with the cobras fogs its a lot easier. carve them open from the rar, mount in a projector from say a Nissan altima's fogs or some such and you should be good to go. but in the GT fogs... I really dont see it happening.

I think this weekend I'm going to redo the write up I have in the visual section with the new easier way I'm making these retrofits... Hopefully... if i have time... Maybe... Unless I'm making Cody's lights.... or unless I get inebriated... :)

Here are a couple of snaps of the new setups... I think they look a bit better than the ones with the chrome ring... much easier and cheaper to make as well, which is always a bonus for everyone.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
dang. that looks good. I need to get the hid for my cobra foglights. I do like the way those look.

·
Turbo'd Hot Hatch
807 Posts
That's a really nice retrofit job. I really enjoy seeing how other's retrofits turnout, especially since they're so rare.

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you guys think I should leave the amber reflectors in or take them out? I'd like to see some pics of lights with the reflectors out if anybody has them. Thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
I think you should leave them out. I've seen pictures without them and imo it makes the headlights and front end look more aggressive.

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know. I like the look of the clear corners, but it wouldnt have the clear reflectors, it'd just be nothing. But I do still think that would look better. Actually, I already ordered the chrome/amber bulbs haha.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
gaaaaaa i can't wait till this summer to start my retrofit lol...i love my HIDs but a clean way to have a projector that isn't pure rice is awesome.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts