Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get these projector headlights below. Is there a problem with putting My HIDs into these projector lights? I have HID 4500k 55watt setup hi/lo

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
55w may be a little hot for them if the bulbs are in there tightly because of the projectors.

·
Goal - 650+ rwhp
533 Posts
hids in projectors that are meant for halogens, dont work well. believe me. i have projectors with 55w hids and the light output it horrible. im probably switching back to the stock reflector housings. if you really want projectors, then look online for projectors made for hid bulbs. but it will be very expensive to retrofit them in.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
hids in projectors that are meant for halogens, dont work well. believe me. i have projectors with 55w hids and the light output it horrible. im probably switching back to the stock reflector housings. if you really want projectors, then look online for projectors made for hid bulbs. but it will be very expensive to retrofit them in.
you can do it for around $350-400...:yes

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Yes you can use HID on them but you will have trouble fitting
the HID bulb because those headlights have a plastic cover
in back of them. here are a few things to consider
*the projector shakes a lot
*they are very difficult to Aim to even level
*they have condensation issues (fishtanks)
*the lenses fade and turn yellow very quickly
*they don't fit perfectly
*55w will burn the projector.
*the high beam sucks ass.
*they are simply gay

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Please don't ruin you car....

...with that said its YOUR car to ruin!

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
like i said.... expensive^^ just buy a pair of smoked reflector housing for less than $200, then put the hid kit in it.
not that expensive to have it done correctly....i'd rather (and will be) drop $400 to have correctly done projectors over aftermarket ones made for our cars. and yes you can run HIDs..i've been doing so for years and yes it's a good upgrade from halogens, but after a while you see where things can be improved and want to move one....

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
are you sure those will fit on your civic?
HAHA. Just be glad I'm one of the people on here that can take a joke.

Retrofit is the best way to go.
RedFyre did mine and the results are
Amazing
I remembered him doing those but My HID lights are already installed onto my car in difficult place so i really dont want to remove them.....hmmm....unless i can send him my new headlights and he can retrofit those and send them back and i will aim them......I'll PM him.

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

My current headlights are Chrome clear corners, pretty much the same in the above pic except they are not projectors. Have to admit it looks good on silver.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Heres an old thread of mine about HID's and projectors to help you a bit
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-mustangs/188983-hids-halo-projectors.html
I know alot of people dont like them but if you want them then go for it! I do however not recommend HID's in them, the headlights are meant to run halogens, like stated before retorfit in a housing like you have now is alot safe, better looking, etc. Hope i helped:D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts