Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just wondering what the proper tire rotation is on my 2001 GT. Ford manual says crossies, (Front passenger to rear driver, front driver, to rear passenger, then both rears straight forward, same side), but the haynes manual says just swap the fronts with the backs, same side.

My tires don't have directional arrows on them, so I'm assuming this tread pattern is ok to cross to the other side, but I was just wondering. Here's a shot of my tread, just in case you were wondering:

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
I'd say either is fine if you don't have directional tires. And those tires are fine rolling either direction. Go for the X rotation, then pictures of burnouts please.

Someone correct me, but are directional tires mainly for wet conditions? Someone told me that on a motorcycle it is important to get a set of tires so the tread matches up for better grip on wet pavement as opposed to mismatched tires.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
A lot of ultra high performance tires are directional and if you run the backwards, you're right, they don't shed water very well and are subject to hydroplaning.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd say either is fine if you don't have directional tires. And those tires are fine rolling either direction. Go for the X rotation, then pictures of burnouts please.

Someone correct me, but are directional tires mainly for wet conditions? Someone told me that on a motorcycle it is important to get a set of tires so the tread matches up for better grip on wet pavement as opposed to mismatched tires.
Burnout pics will definitely show up here the day before I buy new tires. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts