Modded Mustang Forums banner

Proportioning valve for brakes

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  jonwrong 
#1 ·
I went out to AX event over this past weekend and really found the bias a bit annoying. With my suspension set-up, I know it is possible to use my rear brakes to a better advantage.

I have done a bit of reasearch and peeked at the MMBPV 1 and see it is listed for a '79~'93.

Any input on those who have done this and what are your thoughts?

Jazzer... doin' the brake dance!

:)

See less See more
#2 ·
I asked about that once from Maximum Motorsports and I believe they said that there is an auto-portioning or something like that in your brake system already. I believe I basically got the response "you probably don't want to do that" from them. Like when I asked about getting a manual steering set up.

#3 ·
So.... the SN95 models don't benefit in the same way as pre-ABS systems?

I will do some additional research as well as have the g/f take some vids and play with the "E" brake some to see if I can get an improvement.

Jazzer :)

#4 ·
My understanding of it is that the system is not set up to allow a proportioning valve. You would have to get really custom. You might consider swapping to the 13" rotor for the rear kit that brembo or baer sells. It would give your rear calipers better leverage on the wheel, should help out. I think the proportioning is a fairly difficult option with the factory equipment.

#6 ·
I have heard from others that they are not quite what I was hoping to achieve, but will probably help.

Will continue to research it, thanks!

Jazzer :)

#7 ·
Any update on this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.