Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new welds and tried to install my front wheels. I got 15 X 5 with 3.5 bs. Im having some fitment issues. When i went to install them they are rubbing the brake caliper. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how you resolved it. I thought about the spacer option but it doesnt seem like the studs are long enough. I have considered adapters but idk about that option any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Is it a 94-04 GT brake setup or Cobra setup? If it is a GT setup all you need is a 5/16 wheel spacer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a v6 it seems like if i add spacers there wont be enough stud to get a lug nut onto safely. what do you think about cutting that little bar off of tthe caliper.

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
No I would rather see you install some longer wheel studs.

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
I would only run a hubcentric spacer if you had to. I currently run one but the only other choice I have right now it to remove the Cobra calipers.
To install the new studs you'll have to remove the hub and press the new studs in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.