Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was looking around on the internet but couldn't find anything on this subject. I just bought new headlights for my car cause the ones on it now are basically shot. Is there anything on the market that I can put over the new headlights to protect it? I saw one method was involving putting the headlights in an oven and i'm trying to avoid that route. Just wondering if there is anything I can stick over the top of it kind of like the screen protectors our phones use?

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Most of the things that you can do will make the headlights not function correctly. I was riding with a friend in his son's truck and we had a hard time understanding why every time he put the car on high beams the lights went out. His son had put covers over the headlights and we were running on fog lights.

I don't know what year your car is. I replaced the headlights on my car about 5 years ago. They are still good. I'll probably have to replace them again in another 5 years. 10 years on plastic headlights isn't bad. And, nowaday they make a kit that refurbishes them.

Quit worrying about things you cannot control. It will be a long time before you have to replace them again. And the odds are against you even owning the car at that time.

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
Seal them up, then throw some layers of sealant over the head lights every season and they should be good.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Just buy new ones every 3 to 4 years, my '03 is on it's 3rd set; two over the six years I have owned it. $100 a pair on eBay makes it a whopping $34 a year to always have nice new looking headlamp housings.

By way of comparison my wife and I spent $34 the other night at Outback, for a couple of small steaks and water to drink...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts