Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am heading to a road race next weekend and don't want to destroy the newly painted front bumper and stripes. Any ideas on what to use to protect them? I was thinking blue painters tape. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

·
Registered
186 Posts
When I first bought my 06 I went and had 3m paint protection put on the front of my car and behind each wheel. It is a clear plasic 3m plasic that is almost naked to the eye. It is not cheap but has kept my car chipless. They sell it on eBay pretty cheap and it applys the same way tint or stripes do with a sprayer with soapy water. I used the eBay stuff on my Vette behind the rear wheels for the track and it kept the paint real nice. Just look up " 3M Paint Protection" and you will find it on eBay.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Oh....I have a question for you Duke. Do you use a oxigen tank when you are doing your Underwater Basketweaving or just holding your breath? I use to meet a bunch of you guys when I was a driftwood artist. :D :tomato

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha I actually prefer a 5 gallon bucket upside down for air when underwater basketweaving. It's an art.

I am going to put the clear bra on but have to wait a month or so for the new paint to cure. Till then I am at the mercy of whatever hits it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I also had to wait the 30 days before I had it done. I didn't know it was done that recently:sorry. Then I would go with the painters tape until then.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I guess duct tape is out of the question, huh? I knew I should not have listened to that Wva guy. J/K I have some great friends from there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts