Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Don't these rookie cops have anything better to do. My brother just got pulled over in my mustang. He didn't have anything to drive so I let him borrow my car. He hits the road and not long a cop behind him. Pulls him over and tells him the windows are to dark. He did the test thing that they have and it read 7%. Gave him a ticket. He said it was some younger cop dude. Also asked him a bunch of questions like where are you going? It's non of his business. If he has drugs or bombs? what a retard.

I have a truck and the windows are dark too all around and I never had any trouble. You drive all over the st. louis area and just about 80% of the cars have tinted windows.

He was profiling. He saw a mustang and pulled it over.

Why don't they go find the drug dealers, murder's, and theives. No they have to pull people over for windows to dark.

I hate cops. :mad:

this dark all around

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I got pulled over once in downtown champaign. First the police officer said I was driving without my headlights on. I said no and he said that I had my fog lights on but not my headlights. I laughed and showed him that it was impossible to turn the foglights on independently. He got all pissed and said my windows were tinted too dark. The law in illinois is you can have your rear windows tinted as dark as you want, which they are, but my side windows weren't even tinted. I told him they weren't even tinted and I rolled them up to show him and drove away. He didn't follow me.

But that kind of **** bothers me, what did he pull me over for? Hoping I was going to snort a line right in front of him or something?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Profiling that's why.......

I hate them. They always are looking to bother people.

I bet if you roll down the window and you area 65 year old man or women they'd let you go.

then people wonder why cops get shot at or killed then they post it all over the news and everyone feels sorry for them. Ohh they killed a cop lets all take a moment of silence and blah blah blah

All they are is a bunch of talk and a badge.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
hey man not all cops are like that I want to become one and I know some are like that and they deserve to get a butt kicken, but some of the cops shot and killed are good ones and they didnt deserve it.

·
Banned
3,784 Posts
I just dont see a cop pulling someone over because of tint. Sure your bro didnt get squirly around a corner?

if that story is true, yeah the cop is an asshole, but i agree with Tiller, alot of cops are nice people...Follow the law, and you will never see them.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Thanks tony but I can say I know some good cops that talk of bad cops profilen and pullin over certain people I.E. because they are black ( i am not being racist) because they think they have something which is very very wrong and disrespectful

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
Don't these rookie cops have anything better to do. My brother just got pulled over in my mustang. He didn't have anything to drive so I let him borrow my car. He hits the road and not long a cop behind him. Pulls him over and tells him the windows are to dark. He did the test thing that they have and it read 7%. Gave him a ticket. He said it was some younger cop dude. Also asked him a bunch of questions like where are you going? It's non of his business. If he has drugs or bombs? what a retard.

I have a truck and the windows are dark too all around and I never had any trouble. You drive all over the st. louis area and just about 80% of the cars have tinted windows.

He was profiling. He saw a mustang and pulled it over.

Why don't they go find the drug dealers, murder's, and theives. No they have to pull people over for windows to dark.

I hate cops. :mad:

this dark all around
so the cop pulled your brother over because the car had illegal tint and gave him a ticket and somehow the cop's an asshole for doing his job? and the cop's a retard for asking if there are any drugs or bombs in the car? the cop has every right to ask where you're going when he pulls you over. based on the way the person responds, the cop can tell a lot about the driver's state of mind. stuff like if the driver seems to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs, or if he's unusually nervous, he may be trying to hide something like a dead body in the trunk, a gun or drugs. that's why cops ask questions like that. yeah, i'll agree, some cops are dicks, but just making a blanket statement like "cops are assholes" is unwarranted. you want to know why the cops aren't busting the drug dealers, well maybe he was looking for a suspicious vehicle matching the description of your Mustang. what, you think some drug dealers and criminals don't drive Mustangs? you think they all drive hoopties?

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
yeah I never thought of that they could of had a BOLO out on another mustang that happened to look like that..

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
You guys are right. I just went on a rampage. You know how it is sometimes I just got mad. Didn't mean to offend anyone.

I can tell you one time I got pulled over because my license plate lights were out. He asked me a bunch of questions once again where are you going. And I still think it's non of their business. I asked why was I pulled over he said your license plate lights are out. I didn't even know. He gave me a warning. All I have to say about that is WHY DO THEY MAKE THE LICENSE PLATE REFLECTIVE FOR they can still read them when the headlights are shining on them that's why so what's it matter if the light bulb is out..Once again I feel a victim of profiling. Mustang Younger guy driving Hmmm he must have drugs lets try and get him for something

·
Registered
638 Posts
At my high school a few years back they had a cop pulling people over just for tints. I always had my windows down so he would never get me. Well a cold front comes in and it actually gets to 30*.The only effin day I had my windows up I got fined for 11% windows. I just paid em and kept my tints.

I had my v6 then and a friend of mine had a gt with o/r x and flows. He would get pulled over every 30 days :lol
That cop was a dick and my friend gave him crap all the time. He got pulled over again outside of school, this time for tints. He had his windows rolled down so he did not have to roll them up because the cop could not hvae possibly seen them. The cop says "ok son im going to drive by your house and im gonna see your tints and wait for you" My friend Anthony says "yeah you'll see your wife's car there too" :lmao

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
You guys are right. I just went on a rampage. You know how it is sometimes I just got mad. Didn't mean to offend anyone.

I can tell you one time I got pulled over because my license plate lights were out. He asked me a bunch of questions once again where are you going. And I still think it's non of their business. I asked why was I pulled over he said your license plate lights are out. I didn't even know. He gave me a warning. All I have to say about that is WHY DO THEY MAKE THE LICENSE PLATE REFLECTIVE FOR they can still read them when the headlights are shining on them that's why.
i understand sometimes people need to blow off steam. i always get a little touchy about people bad-mouthing cops. my dad's retired NYPD and i took the test before i ended up joining the Navy instead.
at least this cop only gave you a warning about the license plate light being out. it would've been a dick move IMO if he gave you a ticket for it...

·
PSN alphadong11
28,936 Posts
I have been very lucky and let go on some serious charges, but then I have also had the run of the mill asshole cop.

This cop ran a red light with out warning, no sirens, bells, or whistles and almost runs me off the road then pulls me over and starts yelling at me, "this is the po-lice son!" I so sorry me forget you king, me nothing.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
hey white im not offended just takin up for the cops that are good, the BOLO thing could of happened prob not but maybe

Or maybe they just dont like mustangs? Or have you every ran from the cops in the stang or street raced and maybe they saw you?

They wanted to get you for something?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No I'm not stupid enough to run from cops. I'd never do that. I just use the car to go back and forth from work which is only 10miles from my house. I don't street race the thing because it's all stock and not worth to race someone cause I'll just lose.

I have a low 12 second car that I bracket race on the weekends at the local track. That is where I do most my racing.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am also aware that it has illegal tint but like I said before just you drive around where I live almost everyone has dark tinted windows. How do they get away with it. Because they are different cars like Trucks your average 4banger or a saturn honda those types of vehicles that cops turn their heads when they pass. When they see a stang camaro or vette they stare you down and especially when a younger guy is driving they always think that your up to no good. = profiling

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I just dont see a cop pulling someone over because of tint. Sure your bro didnt get squirly around a corner?

if that story is true, yeah the cop is an asshole, but i agree with Tiller, alot of cops are nice people...Follow the law, and you will never see them.
Over the past 10 years of owning a mustang I have been pulled over 8 times for not having a front license plate (it is a law in Illinois) and never gotten a ticket, just a warning. I have driven a total of 30,000 miles in the mustang over those 10 years. I have also owned a Tiburon for the past 5 years with no front license plate and I have 65,000 miles on it. Want to guess how many times I've been pulled over for not having the front plate? I'll give you a hint, it's a nice round number.

I've also been pulled over in my mustang for it being too loud, the tint on my windshield was too low, my head lights were off (when they weren't), squealing tires twice (like oops I let off the clutch too fast squealing). One of those times the passenger got arrested out of my car for a curfew violation when I was taking my friend home from work back when I was 18. i even got pulled over and ticketed for no city sticker (in my home town a city sticker used to be required, but I hadn't been living there for 4 years when this happened.) Cops aren't profiling...yeah right. One of my close personal friends is a local cop and he is the first one to admit that when he puts on his uniform he is a huge dick to civilians and especially kids driving sports cars. My home town used to be completely flooded with nice old school hot rods and mustangs, vettes, camaros, trans ams, even a few ricers. they have all been run out of town, now the streets are quiet on Fri and Sat night. It's depressing :(:(:(

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
+1

i have to agree here...i will say first that i have 2 close friends that are cops..and family members who are...and its a completely different attitude (from the cops) when im driving my mustang and get pulled over ...im always nice and respectfull...but there are still ASSHOLE cops who just wanna **** with you because they can...

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Yep.........profiling

leave the stangs alone why don't they just mess with ricers only with their stupid fart can exhaust. Not only are they loud but also annoying. Our cars are loud also but at least they sound good

1 - 20 of 37 Posts