Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive always heard that you cant do underdrive pulley on these cars when you have added a sound system. ie sub and amp.. Is this tru? Thanks..

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Man... I didn't even notice a voltage drop...and if you do...just throw your stock altenator pulley back on for a lil help

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alrite cool thanks guys.. What pulleys are u both using? Im looking into the steedas or bbk's..

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I'd go steeda...I have trick flow but don't like the piggyback design... That or slp

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
It should be fine if the kit comes with an alt pulley.
Dude..that don't even make anysense.... If it comes with alt. Pulley hell be fine? Its the alt. Pulley that would possibly **** him... It comes with a bigger alt. Pulley meaning it won't be turning as fast meaning less charging...which could in turn possibly cause charging problems with a amp...in which case I'd put the stock smaller pulley back on...

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
My car had BBKs on it when I got it, but when I get around to it im going to get a set of steel Steedas. I dont like the aluminum ones

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Well my trickflow didn't sit well...it has a slight wobble to it...and I don't like it...

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dude..that don't even make anysense.... If it comes with alt. Pulley hell be fine? Its the alt. Pulley that would possibly **** him... It comes with a bigger alt. Pulley meaning it won't be turning as fast meaning less charging...which could in turn possibly cause charging problems with a amp...in which case I'd put the stock smaller pulley back on...
Yea thats what im gonna do leave the stock alternator pulley on..

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
I had BBks and they were great. I removed them when I put the blower on though. Ill sell em if your interested pm me.

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
I have the BBKs right now, and, other than the screeching ugly-ass noise when the A/C is on, they work great. I have a 350W amp and a Pioneer 12" and it works fine.

·
8,720 Posts
The noise would be caused by belt slip. That shouldnt be the pulley itself unless something were wrong with it.

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
My guy at LaMotta Performance said that because it's aluminum, the aluminum has worn off of the water pump pulley and embedded itself on the belt, causing the noise.

So, FYI, don't go aluminum.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had BBks and they were great. I removed them when I put the blower on though. Ill sell em if your interested pm me.
Tanks for the offer man but it think im gonna go with the steel ones.. I might have a friend interested tho im not sure if he bought them yet but ill ask him and get back to you..

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
:2cents What you say? You don't want it? Anyways, personally, if you are only going to see around 5-8 hp gains from the kit in the first place, and you don't, or can't, use the Alt. pulley, that will probably put you down to around 2-5 hp gains. I just can't see the justification in spending that money on it then. I do have an idea though. Send me the money, and I will send you a cool sticker that you can feel about the same performance gain from. Sorry, having a bad week. On edge from this freaking custody battle that might cost me my deployment. It is a cool sticker though.;)

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:2cents What you say? You don't want it? Anyways, personally, if you are only going to see around 5-8 hp gains from the kit in the first place, and you don't, or can't, use the Alt. pulley, that will probably put you down to around 2-5 hp gains. I just can't see the justification in spending that money on it then. I do have an idea though. Send me the money, and I will send you a cool sticker that you can feel about the same performance gain from. Sorry, having a bad week. On edge from this freaking custody battle that might cost me my deployment. It is a cool sticker though.;)
Lol well i hope everything works out for you with the custody stuff.. But ill pass on the sticker. But im at the point were the only other thing i cad do is pulleys then i have to move to cams heads stuff like that.. I can probably find the steedas for around $100 used like my friend did and he didnt use the alternator pulley and dynoed a 7rwhp gain i think it was.. Ill have to ask but im pretty positive thats what it was..

·
8,720 Posts
Tanks for the offer man but it think im gonna go with the steel ones.. I might have a friend interested tho im not sure if he bought them yet but ill ask him and get back to you..
No problem man, good luck with the swap.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
My guy at LaMotta Performance said that because it's aluminum, the aluminum has worn off of the water pump pulley and embedded itself on the belt, causing the noise.

That doesn't make a lot of sense... If the aluminum is embedded on the back side i don't see it slipping...it slips at the crank pulley... I guess it could get embedded from the crank or alt. Pulley... Since its the grooved side... But I don't see the water pump slipping...especialy since its being turned so much slower...like..a lot slower...

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts

The reason i want steedas right there... my belt is even silver from the pulleys

1 - 20 of 35 Posts