Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this before but no one ever answered so im trying again. So i Just replaced 2 bad pulleys that were squeaking pretty loud. With the new ones in, the squeak stopped for about a day or 2 but now there squeaking again. They dont squeak near as bad but they still do it. Any reason they still do it and is there any trick to get them to stop?

·
Registered
11,184 Posts
I had the same issue and if i sprayed the belt it would get alot louder. But I went with a diff belt GATES and changed out my belt tensioner too. I no longer heard it. Some were telling me it was the belt tensioner the one I replaced was kinda shaking fast at idle the new one I put on doesnt do that at all and dosent squeak anymore.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the same issue and if i sprayed the belt it would get alot louder. But I went with a diff belt GATES and changed out my belt tensioner too. I no longer heard it. Some were telling me it was the belt tensioner the one I replaced was kinda shaking fast at idle the new one I put on doesnt do that at all and dosent squeak anymore.
Thanks. Ill check into it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts