Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting in steeda UDP's and pypes mid-muffler catback this weekend... Anything i should know that would help me installing the pullies?

My pypes violater AB's are for sale if anyone wants them.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
not sure but maybe a torque wrench.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I think (not positive though) that you could put the car in gear to break loose the bolt on the crank pulley.
You will need a 4" 3jaw pulley puller to get it off.
On steeda's instructions it says to take the fan out but you really don't have to, there's enough room to work with it in place but if you take it out it's not hard. there's only two screws that holds it in place.
You will need a torque wrench and some RTV blue to install the new pulley.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Get a new crank bolt from the dealership, they are not meant to be re-used. I have no idea why, that is just what I have heard. I didn't know this before I did mine though and I have not had any problems.

Oh, and don't forget the beer!:D

·
Registered
569 Posts
Good luck with the install. Let me know what the pypes mid muffler system sounds like I have been thinking about installing it when i do my headers

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Hey juco thought you were getting a s/c. why you getting pullies

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
lucky i want some free performance parts

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
The info Kenneth gave you is great!! Evrything needed, he listed. The pulley puller was tough to get adjusted. I layed under the car and a friend above the car to help hold it in place once I got it on. Not neccasary to have someone else for that, but it helped speed things up.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
my uncle bought them and then decided he didn't want them... same thing with the mid-mufflers. He decided he wanted the borla stingers instead.
well i wish i had an uncle that had a mustang.. one has a chebby truck another has a kia rio... oh well :dunno get a vid up when you get the exhaust in juco

on second thought one has a '68 Galaxie 500 with a 390, closest thing to a mustang i suppose

·
Registered
318 Posts
hey juco please post sound clip when you get pipes on.good luck on install

1 - 18 of 18 Posts