Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know i had a similar thread to this but i want to know if like this pulley Steeda 4.6L Underdrive Pulleys - '96-'04 Ford Mustang
takes away power from the AC or Water pump or altinator making the the car run harder .

if anyone can tell any of there experiences with pullies and how they affected any of these things i would be very happy. <like if the AC dosn't work as well or if i see my oil temp rising or anything esle running hot?:confused:
Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
couldn't u have asked the question in the same exact thread u made an hour and a half ago?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you have a major sound system in your car?

if your answer is no then you will be fine.
nope just the stock Mach 460 that came with it

and just so i get this right it shouldn't affect my car at all really like the oil temp or the water pump etc?

thanks for answer my questions :D

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
couldn't u have asked the question in the same exact thread u made an hour and a half ago?
ya:sorry
just thought like if i put down "pullies" people looking at all the threads would know what i was talking about instead of putting "2 things" like my previous one.
if that makes any sense to u guys.....:sorry:tomato

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if i get the steeda pully in the link above will i have to get a new belt or any other acessories?

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
u don't have to, but if ur due for one anyway u might as well replace it while it's off

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
u don't have to, but if ur due for one anyway u might as well replace it while it's off
ya its the orignal belt and pulley so u think i should put a new belt on ?

and also do i need to buy anything to put it on like torqueing wrench or anything? like anything needed

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
i would replace the belt if it's the original.......its 11 years old man

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
wait made a mistake there last time i had the shop replace it was like 4 years ago srry bout that forgot i had replaced when the fan went out

and like is there a special tools i need to use to take off the belt(and put the belt back on) and pulley

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
i'm pretty sure u can do it with a socket wrench.....don't hold me to it though......

·
Registered
253 Posts
i believe youll need a puller for the crank pullie... i know we had to use one on my pi swap, and then when we put the underdrives on it when we were done. Could be wrong its been a while... It seemed like my voltmeter read low at an idle, but good while driving...makes scence

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
alright cause i ask my autoshop teacher in school today and he said like if u do get one make sure u find that the pulley u get dosn't burn up your altinator,battery,or make your car Run hot and like don't remember if he said anything esle i just trying to find out from u guys if its worth it cuase i really wanted to do it but i'm haveing some 2nd thoughts about it. thinking bout a tuner now but has anyone had any like really trouble with the steeda pulley on a 96-97 GT stang

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
if you get a three piece kit you will never have a worry at all for never

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
ur shop teacher is old school man....... how many shop teachers u think are drving around in new cars?

he's giving u information thats based on what he knows from experiance.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ur shop teacher is old school man....... how many shop teachers u think are drving around in new cars?

he's giving u information thats based on what he knows from experiance.
true but yet again he is the auto tec so ya even if he is oldschool:eek:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
alright i emailed steeda and asked them just to be sure hopfully they will answer back!?

but if i get it on my stang will i have hear or feel any difference with the pulley?
or will i feel more of a difference with a Tune

o BTW HMUSN i like your avatar lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts