Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im pulling an engine out of a 02 crown vic this weekend, but need to know what tools I need to unbolt the automatic trans from the block and un bolt the engine mounts before I go out to the yard... any help?

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,555 Posts
Deep wells, Extensions, Crows feet JIC, Pry bars (like previously noted), Rubber Mallot, Cheater Bar, Open End Wrenches, Channel locks, Screwdrivers, etc...

·
Pig Romancer
1,134 Posts
pressure washer, gear puller, spare tire, .45 would all help too.

·
MM elder
9,751 Posts
not to be ignorant but if you dont know what kind of tools you need your might just want to pay yard to pull it (most around here anyway will do it for an extra $100 or so) you dont want to be laying in the mud at the junkyard trying to get it out to find out your missing the right tool. as a side note I see an 02 gt in your sig, I dont know if your buying it for that buy you know they are diffrent dont you? crown vic's are non pi motors

·
Registered
608 Posts
not to be ignorant but if you dont know what kind of tools you need your might just want to pay yard to pull it (most around here anyway will do it for an extra $100 or so) you dont want to be laying in the mud at the junkyard trying to get it out to find out your missing the right tool. as a side note I see an 02 gt in your sig, I dont know if your buying it for that buy you know they are diffrent dont you? crown vic's are non pi motors
I think a 02 crown vic is pi could be wrong though

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea i thought about payin extra to have it pulled but would rather do it myself to learn and apply that new knowledge to the mustang... but this crown vic motor isnt for me, im helping a friend pull it for his 96 sn95 with a locked up motor looking for cheap replacement

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,555 Posts
Oh, I miss read this. You're pulling it out of a junker. Bring an Oxy Acetylene torch, and a socket set, wrench set, and a 48" pry bar.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all your help guys! looks like my friend will be getting a PI swapped motor for $130 bucks, now we just gotta fine a cheap PI mustang intake... unfortunatly the Oxy Acetylene torch is a no go since pull-apart dosnt allow torches or saws of any kind in:(

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
13mm fot the bell bolt, and 21 for motor mount nuts. a swivel 13mm would be nice, or even a swivel joint. 7mm-21mm sockets and wrenches, extensions, ratchets, pliers, prybar, screwdrivers, and snips are what i can think of off the top of my head.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts