Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've gotta pull the intake on my GT to put in a CHT, cyl. head temp sensor, and while I've got it off is there anyone I should or could do to help the car out? Short of installing a aftermarket intake? Also do I need new gaskets or is it just o-rings?

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
If this is the first time the intake has been off and the gaskets aren't ripped or torn, you should just be able to put it back on. As far as doing something for the intake, no I don't think you could do anything other than clean it up or plug up the charge motion valves. You would need a new tune if you removed them.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about that but I've mostly read where there is not real benifit to having them open. Am I wrong on this?

·
Registered
789 Posts
I was gonna suggest cmpd as well. Its a win loose though. You'll see like 10hp at the top end but it sacrafices low end torque which is the whole reason ford put them there in the first place. Its a mod I plan on doing eventually because gears kinda make up for the lost torque.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok well i'm still with stock 3:31s so i don't need to lose anything down low

·
2011 September ROTM
1,868 Posts
why are you putting in a cht sensor?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My temp guage doesnt work right 99% of the time and that, from what I understand is where tje guage hets it's signal from. And when its warm out I have a hard time starting if it doesnt sit for a hour or two. I just got a tuner last week and it was reading tje same temp my gauge is. When I first start the car most of the time it works right and then after about 8 min it gors back down to C, tuner eas saying 60-63. So I'm going to give the CHT a shot and hopefully that is what it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts