Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im getting ready to pull my motor. And do my 5.4 swap. I have the manual trans in it. Should i go ahead and pull the trans? Or is it pretty easy to align the input shaft when i drop the motor back in? Or is it worth doing outside of the car?

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
This is all personal opinion. My two cents is if you don't have long tubes, you don't have a T56, and you have a decent load leveler, take them out together.

If you have long tubes it's a royal pain in the dick to get it in together. And if you have a non-T56 transmission with the non-detachable bellhousing it's more of a pain in the ass to install it in the car.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Ive always taken the tranny off before pulling the engine, gotten really good at it.
The key to that is keeping your motor mounts loose and putting a pump jack on the front of the motor to tip it back... But i have seen countless people pull them together.

·
Hardcore Enthusiast
1,578 Posts
I always like to pull the trans when when removing the engine as its pretty easy to do so. For some reason though I prefer to install the engine with the trans inlcuded.

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
Ive one it both ways its all up to you but its easier to pull them together and then unbolt it in a chair rather then sucking dirt on a creeper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts