Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the ASP UDP with belt from StangMods.

1. Aside from the basic bolt on below will this drain my power & stock alternator (over 100k miles)? The only stero upgrade I have is a indash Pioneer navigation system head unit, but the speaker are all stock.

2. I am aware that no tune would be required is that true?

3. Is this a simple bolt on and thing to look out for anyone with experiance?

I am considering getting one of the PA Performance alternator 130 AMP from AM do you think this will help from draining electrical power.

I apologize in advance if any question are dumb as I am a newbie. After this I am done with modding my little DD.

Engine/Exhaust mods:
BBK Shorty Ceremanic Headers
Pypes Catted true dual exhaust w/X-pipe
K&N CAI
3:73 gears w/LSD
Aluminon DS
BAMA Tune 87 Octane Performance Tune

Soon To Be Added:
ASP UDP
PA Performance Alternator

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
For stock motor yes its Simple bolt on

That moment when you think you're actually faster than me = TURBO LAG

·
Registered
222 Posts
UDP's are pretty easy to install. Just a simple bolt on. Yes they will affect charging power, but for your system you have nothing to worry about. Unless your running huge sub's or a bunch of other accessories combined you'll be fine.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Need an installer tool also or you could make one out of whatever thread the crank bolt is but longer with some spacers

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you all for your insight. The install will not be done by me, but rather my performance shop I go to.

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
thank you all for your insight. The install will not be done by me, but rather my performance shop I go to.
Why not? It should be

03cristian

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
You didn't install you're longtubes so why not? Everybody has a reason

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Cause I was working 12 hours everyday
And didnt have a lift,but you can bet your sweet a$$ that if I ever did a pulley swap id do it myself instead of paying a shop to do it!
And instead of questioning and following my threads how about answering this person's question....
Thanks

03cristian

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol,

i work, i have no tools, no tech expertise, i live in a ghetto so no space to work on the car in the street.

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
lol,

i work, i have no tools, no tech expertise, i live in a ghetto so no space to work on the car in the street.
See there you go good and honest answer,i don't blame you then lol

Its the internet, chill out bro!

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Cause I was working 12 hours everyday
And didnt have a lift,but you can bet your sweet a$$ that if I ever did a pulley swap id do it myself instead of paying a shop to do it!
And instead of questioning and following my threads how about answering this person's question....
Thanks

03cristian
no lift needed for longtubes :D

·
V6 BIOTCH
6,945 Posts
you guys cry to ****ing much.
I pull **** apart and pull my engine out all the damn time. I work 24hr shifts, 70-100 hrs a week and still manage to do my **** -_-

Simply pulley swap. Yeah, could easily be done by himself. But some people just dont do their own work. I give more respects to those who do, but thats not an option for everyone....
He may not even have a basic set of sockets and wrecnhes ... Im lucky enough ot have a dad who loves **** like this and has 90% of what I need, other 10% I buy, rent, or borrow from friends....

So stfu. :D

·
V6 BIOTCH
6,945 Posts
Mike, you hae any data logs of voltage? I'd be interested in seeing the charge with an udp.

op, use 1/2" drive, 21mm socket and a breaker bar to take the bolt off. I would also remove the 2 8mm bolts holding the crank position sensor on so you dont mess that sensor up.
Ill see what I can do for you sometime sir.

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
no lift needed for longtubes :D
No lift needed? Are you kidding me? I lifted the car like 3 get and the longtubes still wouldn't come out

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
you guys cry to ****ing much.
I pull **** apart and pull my engine out all the damn time. I work 24hr shifts, 70-100 hrs a week and still manage to do my **** -_-

Simply pulley swap. Yeah, could easily be done by himself. But some people just dont do their own work. I give more respects to those who do, but thats not an option for everyone....
He may not even have a basic set of sockets and wrecnhes ... Im lucky enough ot have a dad who loves **** like this and has 90% of what I need, other 10% I buy, rent, or borrow from friends....

So stfu. :D
24hr work shifts
24x5= 120
24x7=168
Hmm I wonder how you have time to work on your car :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts