Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Buy American or GTFO
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a set of Ford OEM 06 GT Mustang wheels with the hopes of using them on my 2002 GT. Is there a way to use the wheels by buying some sort of spacers or converters for the lugs? Or am I out of luck with these?

·
Is the game, Ross is the name.
2,072 Posts
If I remember correctly, they will fit, but the offset is different. So they either stick out too much or there inset. If they are inset spacers will help...

But I could also be 100% wrong.

·
Buy American or GTFO
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. Right now I am sitting OEM Bullitts - 17x9's in the front and 17x10's in the back. These are 18x8's. Is that going to make a huge difference? Would you recommend buying spacers to bump them out a little?

I also have a set of Saleen replica rims from American Muscle. 18x9's and 18x10's

·
Is the game, Ross is the name.
2,072 Posts
Well assuming they fit ok, its just going to be what you like best. You may be a bit more used to a wider look, so you may want spacers. It's all about preference though. The difference shouldn't be anything to crazy.

·
Buy American or GTFO
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the advice. I hope these fit without any problems. I really like the wheels and I want to use them. If anyone else has input I would like to hear it. Thanks!

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Yes you will need spacers to make them fit correctly. they will be sunk in to far and may rub.

·
Buy American or GTFO
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where would I get spacers that would go on the 02 and adapt to the 06 wheels?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
any where. the bolt patterns are the same so you just need the correct thickness

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
yes. but putting a thick wheel spacer on, you could have very little threads to hold on to so i would also suggest putting in longer wheel studs. You would want them to snap off turning a corner

·
Buy American or GTFO
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes. but putting a thick wheel spacer on, you could have very little threads to hold on to so i would also suggest putting in longer wheel studs. You would want them to snap off turning a corner
Ok thank you for the advice!

·
Buy American or GTFO
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Appreciate the help! Thanks!

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
ill buy them saleens from ya for 600 :D

wat kinda tires u got on em?

·
Buy American or GTFO
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pirelli pzero neros with 95% tread left on them. Just bought them this summer and never really used them.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
:O

and why arent they on ur car??

·
Buy American or GTFO
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They are summer tires and they were very expensive.

·
Buy American or GTFO
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The rims were $570 from AM. The wheels were over $200 each.
So all together I paid about $1400 for everything.
$600 isn't enough. Sorry.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts