Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Senor Pointy Boots
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you still don't know me (I'm Phillip btw lol) or what I'm all about but heres my life story if anyone is interested...

It happened 3 years ago, I was in love with a girl from Nor Cal and things were going smooth until two years into it is when she started getting ill. It's diagnosed now that she has something on the lines of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. She broke up with me and I didn't respect her decision because truthfully, she was the first girl I truly loved. Because of that, I lost a good lover, friend, person that I could have confided in a bit more.

During that relationship I was also going through some hard times with not only not being able to see her often, but also 3 of the people I've always looked up to died all within the same year (my elementary school teacher, and my grandparents from my mom's side). To add more insult to damage, my uncle gets mistaken by a gang in south central LA and gets shot in his back 3 times and was hospitalized for quite a while. To add even more to that, My cousin gets into a car accident by a drunk driver and his best friend dies...

Ever since then, times just seem to have been getting harder and harder for me. one point I even gave up school for a while because I felt so empty inside that I didn't know what to make of it. I was searching for something to fill the void inside me and looking for something to keep my troubled mind at ease... Still, these bad things seem to accumulate more and more as of a few months ago, it was discovered that my mother was not being loyal to my father and creeping around with another man. To add icing to that cake, my father's mom had a accident in the bathroom a week and a half ago causing her to be paralyzed from the waist down. From that it resulted that 6 days ago, my grandmother passes away devastating my father even more than he already is.

As for what I want to do with my future, I know I'm keeping the six, because it hold some sentimental value to me, and most likely will end up getting a second (or third if I'm lucky) mustang with a V8. As for what direction (restoring a classic, modding a foxbody, new edge, s197) is yet to be determined by how well I've planned for my life and the opportunities that'll arise at the time. I'm going to be going to summer session this summer and right back into college in the fall term working towards my psych major. In the meanwhile I'll also be working, hopefully as a soccer coach for younger kids. Once I get my BA in psych, I plan to get masters at either USC or UCLA.

So what's the point of me sharing all this to you guys? Point is... ever since I got my slow lil sixxer, I loved driving it around and cruising around with it and ever since I broke up with my ex, I spent time maintaining and fixing lil things here and there in my car. It became a hobby and something that felt fulfilling. Then one day about a year and a half ago I stumbled upon this site and I got into it but just reading and not joining the site. Now that I've joined I don't regret it because it's a great place here.

So in the end I'd like to say that this isn't a cry out for sympathy or for attention. I could care less if you went on your way without saying anything. There's nothing that anyone here on the net could say to offend me, like how most of you tight wads are getting now a days, because I've really been pushed through worse situations and such little insulting words hiding behind computer screens won't affect me at all. Compared to what I've been through, (and thats just a small chunk), words only have a meaning if one lets them to be that way. But as for those who are kind here and respectful to one another, and who could take a joke and laugh it off without having their panties all bunched up their asses. You guys/girls are awesome. Thanks you guys for providing such a great site that not only helps as far as tech questions go, but that also provides a chill spot to be at, a home away from home. :)

·
Just A Girl
8,841 Posts
Man...sometimes things just suck in general. Try to look for the messages in life - they are subtle and most of the time you don't understand them until later. But do good and good will come to you. Have faith and everything will work out.

It is a great place to relax and chill out here, isn't it? Glad ya found your home. :) Stay cool!

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
damn bro, sounds like you've been through alot in the past couple of years. looks like things can only get better from here.. good luck with everything man

1 - 4 of 4 Posts